Chapter 28

Mayla huffed as she jumped down her horse. She gave the animal an affectionate pat to the side before she disappeared into thin air, crystal shards scattering to the ground before melting like ice.

She brushed off the blazer of her uniform and tied it securely around her waist as she rolled up her sleeve. She frowned when she read the cemetery's name.

"You gotta be here Mo or I'll declare war on your Kyoka dearie..."

She entered the cemetery and walked swiftly towards her Uncle's grave. She knew this place by the back of her hand but it still never seize to creep her out by the sudden fog and the eerie vibe.

Swallowing, she jogged towards her uncle's grave when she saw nobody was there with her.

"Damn... why did you decide to have your grave here, Uncle..."

Seeing the large shrine in the distance, Mayla's heart were at ease when she saw the faint silhouette of her cousin, knees on her chest as she sat in front of her father's grave.

She shifted into a walk as she continued to stare at Momo. There was a lamp right next to her and her clothes were all torn up, leaves and a few scratches visible.

She kneeled in front of her younger cousin, "Mo..?"

The girl looked up from her arms and tilted her head to the side slightly. She gave her a watery smile, "Mayla..."

Mayla scooted closer and pulled Momo into a firm hug. Momo clenched her fists on Mayla's shirt as ragged sobs echoed through the quiet cemetery.

Mayla cupped the back of Momo's head as she pulled her closer, her protective instincts taking over. She buried her nose on Momo's black hair as her other hand started stroking comfortably on Momo's back.

Momo's breathing started to even out and Mayla sighed, giving Momo's form a squeeze. "I was worried..."

There was no answer for a moment. Momo was shifting under her, trying to find the right place to relax.

Momo's muscles starts to relax as she melted on Mayla's shoulder. She took a deeb breath.

"I'm sorry..."

"It's alright... but please don't do it again. You're going to send me to the hospital..."

"I don't know what to do..."

Mayla hummed, "Tell me what you want..."

Momo sniffled, "I want her..." Mayla's eyes widen, "Mayla, I want to hold her... to be with her and I don't know why..." She sniffled, "But she doesn't want me... Mayla she doesn't want me..." Tears poured and sobs echoed. "I don't know what to do..."

After Momo had done crying, she passed out from dehydration and emotionally exhausted. Mayla had carried her to the clinic, riding a summoned horse.

When they arrived, Kyoka was asleep and Recovery Girl was no where to be found. She wonders what will happen when they wake up.

Let's all just hope that it'll be peaceful, for now...

we wait...