Chapter 7

Lily's Pov:

"Lily, it's already 9:50. It's closing time for the library." Librarian said and left for her desk. I look at my phone. "Oh shit. It's late. " I pick up my notes put them in my bag and leave outside of school.

It's very dark outside. I should have gone home early. I called my dad if he could pick me up. Not answering. Then I dialed my mom. She is also not answering.

I think. I have to walk home. Anna and Lisa both ditched me today. Anna went to Brooklyn for her cousin's wedding and Lisa is helping her grandma today. I also want to help her but on Monday I have to submit my project report and because of this project I have to sacrifice my precious weekend. So, I have to come to school.

I am walking on the street surrounded by old buildings. In the daytime, it looks so beautiful but now it frightens me. I ignored my creepy thoughts about ghosts following me or anyone who tried to kidnap me and kept walking very fast. When I heard a scream like he was in pain.

It was coming from an alley that was just a few steps to my right. Should I go and check... What happening??... I was battling with my thoughts when again he screamed louder this time.

I went near the alley I knew I should go, mind my own business but what if that person needs help? I can see the back of four men and one man on the ground bleeding badly. One of the four men sits at his level while pointing the gun at his head. "I am asking you one last time. Who sends you here?"  He asked the man who was on the ground. The man was scared and crying because of the pain. I could see he was shivering in fear. " Jason,"  the man said in his broken voice.

BANG!!!

I couldn't process what just happened. Everything happens so fast and I unintentionally let out a scream. I quickly close my mouth. But it's too late, all four of them turn toward me, and the one person who shoots that person points the gun toward me. Surprisingly I could recognize him.

Ryan.

I was shocked and scared. I moved back and ran toward my house. They are yelling something. I don't know what. I just run from there as fast as I can.

I reach my house and start knocking on my door loudly. I looked back from time to time if someone was behind me. I was shivering by remembering every scene which I saw a few minutes ago. I knocked on the door again but my brother was not opening it.

I start searching for the key in my bag when someone taps my shoulder. I instantly took out my notebook and started beating him. " hey hey... What did I do? Stop it..." He said. Try to stop me by holding my hand.

I was so scared. Without looking at him I try to run again. But hold my both hands. "Leave me... Leave me" I said. I was crying. I couldn't see properly because of tears. " Hey hey hey. Look at me. what happened? Lily... What happened?"  he asked trying to look at my face. But I was not in my right state. I want to be with my mom.

"Lily look at me... Hey..." he said again, cupping my face with his hand to look at him. I looked at him.

It's Noah.

"Noah..." I said more like a whispered voice. " yeah... It's me..." Noah said. I hugged him tightly.

.

.

.

"Lily... Lily... You Awake... Hey..." I can hear a woman's voice. I open my eyes. Mrs. Wilson was there looking at me with concern. "Lily... Are you okay... Honey..." She asked. I look around my brother and Noah sitting on my bed looking at me. They looked worried. I tried to sit down and Mrs. Wilson helped me to sit.