Chapter four - Bathrooms...

Bayley's POV:

The next day I woke up and my smile wasn't as bright. I felt off, almost sick. Finding out Sasha had a girlfriend really messed me up.

I was angry that I'd managed to let it ruin my mood, after all I was the one who made the vow not to date this year.

When Montez, Angelo and Bianca pilled up, they could tell something was off.
"Do you want me to tell the others to catch a ride with Rollins?" Angelo asked me as I nodded sadly.
"Tell us what's up babe" Bianca said as Montez wrapped his arm around me.
"You guys remember the pink haired girl I was talking to yesterday?" I ask as they all nod. They hadn't officially met Sasha but they'd seen me walking around the school with her.

"I may or may not have a little crush on her" I confessed as they all got excited.
"It's not what you think" I continued in a monotone voice.
"She has a girlfriend and it's pissing me off because she flirted with me literally seconds before I found out" Montez now pulls me into a full hug as Bianca wraps her arms around me too and Angelo holds my hand.

"That sucks dude" Angelo said as he rubbed my hand.
"I know but I've got y'all, I'm gonna be fine right?" I ask them as they all nod.
"Yeah your Bayley Martinez, every girl wants you there are so many other people out there" Bianca tells me as I nod pretending I was okay with anyone other than Sasha and maki them believe I wasn't gonna think about my new friend anymore in that way.

"So are y'all still gonna be friends?" Montez piped in and I nodded. Of course I'd still be her friend. I liked Sasha sure but, that didn't mean we couldn't be friends right?

As soon as I entered the school, Sasha was dragging me to where I our lockers were to tell me to meet her at her house after school to meet her girlfriend. I internally groaned. It was bad enough that she had a girlfriend but the fact that it could've been my old teammate and friend? Made it so much worse.

"Yeah I can't wait to meet Lacey" I tell her, opening my locker so I could avoid the possibility of her seeing the look on my face.

"Great, my two favourite girls can bond over basketball" as soon as those words left her mouth, I knew I was screwed. How many girls are in this town named Lacey who also like basketball? It isn't a very big town it's somewhere near the very edge of San Jose. And truth be told? It was more like an oversized neighbour hood.

"She likes basketball?" I ask Sasha cringing as I pretended to find my English book.
"Yeah she was actually the captain of the team at her last school" Sasha tells me. Great it is Lacey Evans and last time I saw her she was the most wanted girl in school.

"I uh think I know your girlfriend already" I confess. What harm would it do if Sasha knew that I knew Lacey?

Apparently that was a dumb question to ask because what Sasha said next scared the hell out of me.
"She told me about hooking up with you when you guys were 16" Lacey told her about that!? The reason I feared Lacey being Sasha's girlfriend was because I was like in love with Lacey. I know it's dumb but, that's how she knew everything about the way I play on the court. She knew my strategies heck she probably even knew my full body profile.

We had a brief fling and I suppose I kinda fell in love with her but soon the feelings faded and things got super awkward between us. What exactly do you say to a girl who's heart you accidentally broke?

"You were a real heartbreaker huh?" She asks winking.
"I-it wasn't even like that" I snap, walking away from Sasha.

I knew she liked to have fun a lot but this was a serious thing. A girl who I considered a best friend so soon, was dating a girl I said I loved but realised that It was just superficial admiration.