Chapter Thirty-One

Friday, 1:45

Aliya POV

I sipped on my water as I waited for them to call my name. I thought about what Chris had said and how he wants to be with me. The thing is, I'm not sure that I want to be with him. Maybe Dr. Lake will have some advice for me. I definitely need some.

They called my name and I walked into Dr. Lake's office. I took my usual seat and I looked up at him.

"Good afternoon, Aliya. How was school?" Dr. Lake asked.

"Good afternoon. School was just fine, thank you." I replied.

"Okay so my wife is going to be coming in today in the middle of our session so I'll try to speed this up." He said and I nodded my head.

"What are we starting with?" I asked him.

"We can start with whatever you want. Let's catch up." He said getting his notepad out.

"Okay, where do I start?" I asked him.

"Let's start by naming your friends." He said and I nodded.

"Ja'Colby, Neilah, Chris, August, and Jayden." I said and he wrote them down.

"Three of these sound familiar. Ja'Colby and Neilah have been your day ones for the longest and it looks like they still have that positive impact on you." He said and I nodded my head. "Chris wouldn't happen to be the same Chris that you mentioned last time you were here would it?"

"Yes, he is." I answered.

"Does this also happen to be Chris you had a crush on?" he asked and I slowly nodded. "So you two are friends now. How'd that happen?"

"He fell on top of me when I was at the park." I said and he nodded but then looked up at me in surprise. "Now, that I think about it, we're not really friends. We've never established each other as such but I know how badly he wants us to be."

"Oh. So why not be friends?" he asked me.

"I don't want to be friends with him because he hurt me. A lot." I said quietly. "And it affected me so much. I never should've let my guard down. But then again this was my first time actually having feelings for someone."

"What about Ja'Colby?" he asked me.

"It was more of an attraction." I clarified and he nodded.

"And August and Jayden?" he asked.

"August and Jayden are angels. Those two have been nice to me no matter what. Sometimes I think that its too good to be true but at the end of the day they always show me that they want to know me for who I am and not what I have." I said and he nodded.

"What about your intermittent explosive disorder?" he asked me.

"I haven't had any episodes recently." I said and he looked up at me.

"That's really good. Looks like you can control it more now that your older." He said and I gave him a small smile.

Chris POV

I looked at the empty seat where Aliya usually sits and I sighed. I cant wait to expose Kayoni. I need something new and I feel like Aliya is that something, that someone.

I felt myself dozing off and I closed my eyes for the remainder of class.

"Christian... Chris? Baby?" I heard someone call.

I looked up and I saw Aliya sitting on the edge of my bed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that you were asleep. I didn't mean to wake you up." She said and I couldn't help but smile.