Chapter Thirty-Six

Consequences

Aliya POV

I leaned against August's front side and I took a breather. Too many damn things happened today. I still don't know how I'm going to tell my parents why I'm so beat up. August pushed my hair to the side and gave me gentle kisses on my neck.

"You really did a number on Kayoni." He mentioned and I just shrugged.

"You did us all a favor." Neilah said slightly pushing me. I gave hr a small smile.

"Especially me." Chris said, coming into view. "I saw what you did back there Aliya."

He is the reason why my lip is busted. He is the reason why Kareem is unconscious. He is the reason why Kayoni was dragged away by her friends. He's done a lot of fucked up things but this situation is currently unforgiveable.

"You think that I did that for you?" Look at me Chris, LOOK AT ME!" My lip is busted, I have scratches on my forehead, I had my head slammed into the ground, and if Kayoni would have cut me any deeper I would have lost way too much blood." I exclaimed. "I thought you said that you were going to confront her not EXPOSE her."

"Okay but what's done is done. I wanted everyone to see her for who she really is and not as 'the perfect girlfriend'. I was getting sick of her bullshit. And you helped me get rid of her." He said and I scoffed.

"You are such a hypocrite. How are you going to expose her as a cheater when you are just as much as a cheater as she is." I stated and August looked surprised.

"Who did you cheat on Kayoni with?" August asked and we all looked at Chris

"That's not what matters right now. What matters is that Aliya is okay." He said and we all looked at him like he'd grown three heads.

"Okay?! Nigga you must have gone blind. She doesn't look any of the slightest bit of okay. Your bitch done cut her. She outchea limping and shit and you gon say that she's okay?! Nah nigga, you got to be smoking dick cause look at her. Look at all of us. We were just in a fight that never should have happened." Malachi said and Chris looked taken back.

"I don't know if you realize this Chris but you have the world sitting on your shoulders. I don't think that you take a look around enough to see who or what your affecting." Ja'Colby said and we nodded our heads in agreement.

"Can I just talk to Aliya in private?" Chris asked and gave him a blank stare.

"I have to go home and clean up these battle scars." I said and he frowned. "Let's go guys."

"Aliya please." He pleaded and I looked away from him.

"No Chris, I have to go." I said as I got in the passenger seat of Ja'Colby's car.

Ja'Colby and August both got in the car and we sat in the car with an uncomfortable silence. Ja'Colby looked at me and shed a tear. That singular tear shattered my soul. Ja'Colby has been my best friend since we were in diapers. For him to see me like this must me really, really hard.

"Please don't cry Ja'Colby." I said in a broken voice. "I'm going to be alright. You are going to be alright. We're all going to be alright."

"You are my best friend Aliya. We took our first steps together bro. Do you know how much it pains me to see you like this? You are the most beautiful girl that I have ever laid eyes upon and all of your beauty is being masked by these cuts and bruises." He said, going in deep.

"I love you so much Ja'Colby. I know I rarely say it but I thank you for everything. Mostly for being my friend. And I am sorry that you have to see me like this. Everyone here today saw me like this. I never wanted this but I somehow knew that a fight me and Kayoni was going to be inevitable." I said through a few stay tears. "And you. You have been nothing but an angel to me August. I wouldn't trade you for the world either. You too have seen me at my lowest and you helped me rise up from the dark. I will forever love you August."