i.

"COME ON DUMBASS!", seventeen year old jennifer hacker calls out to her older brother, vinnie, "i wanna skate with baron, let's go!""yeah, yeah, i'm coming"

"yeah, yeah, i'm coming"

vinnie walks down the sway gaming house's stairs with his skateboard in one hand and his mask in the other.

the siblings walk to the front door.

"your mask, jen!", kio yells at the teen.
"shit!"

the blonde ran to the kitchen to grab her mask from kio's hand, "thanks"
"mhm"
"see ya!", she runs away
"have fun!"

kio heard the front door close, going on his phone after to open the facetime app.

he presses on the most recent contact, bella jackson.

she answers but her face didn't show up on his screen. instead, it was bella's little sister and her friend, riley and sam.

"ah, if it ain't the pov king"
"ah, if it isn't the two friends i despise"

sam and riley pulled a straight face, "goodbye", they said together.

kio laughed at their unison, "i was kidding!"
riley took over as sam walked away, "what do you want?"
"i don't know. i'm bored"
"do something"
"like what?"
"i don't know. go bother riley"
"you are riley"
she stared him down, "the other riley"
"you are the other riley"
"goodbye"
"wait!"
"what?!"
"don't leave me"
"why?"
"because... i'm lonely"
"vinnie's there"
"he went skating with jen and baron"
"ain't j there?"
"he went with jordan somewhere"
"troy?"
"home i think"
"ugh!"

"come over"
"yay! kio no lonely!"
"i hate you"

riley hung up, leaving kio to do a little happy dance.

he eventually got outside, locking the door to the house and getting into his car to drive over to the 'not a content house' house.

the girls were all in the movie room, re-enacting one of the final scenes from the movie 'burlesque'.

kio walked into the room, seeing all the girls doing all of the choreography and riley singing as christina aguilera's character in the movie.

he looked over at sebastian who was equally as shocked at the girls' confidence.

quinton, christopher, and giovanny seemed unimpressed, as they've seen this happen multiple times.

josh and griffin's jaws were dropped as they both watched the girls dance.

riley's oldest sister, erin, walked forward as she went to take over the riffs in the song.

all the boys, except quinton, had their mouths open as erin finished the final riff.

quinton, again, was unimpressed but cheered anyways, specifically for cynthia.

hailey walked into the room, seemingly pissed because she was trying to film a tiktok but couldn't because of what the other girls were doing.

the blonde paused the movie, "hey, i'm tryna film here!"

sam rolled her eyes, "and we're trying to dance here"
"i don't care. do it quieter"

hailey walked out of the room, leaving the girls upset because their vibe was killed.

"what now?", madi flopped onto the couch.
"maybe we can watch another musical", lauren popped a piece of caramel corn into her mouth
"eh", all the other girls replied with.

some of the vault members walked in, "hey"
"what are y'all doing here?", cynthia asked, cuddling up with quinton
"we were bored", riley's brother, eden, jumps onto his sister, who pushed him off after

"don't be so mean to eden", mariano leans onto the couch behind sam.
"yeah! what mar said!", he agrees

riley jumps at him, making eden flinch and the girls laugh.

harry reached over and threw a piece of lauren's caramel corn in sam's hair, making her get off the couch and jump on his back.

kio sighed, leaving the room to go outside to the pool.

he took off his shoes and socks, rolling up his pants to stick his legs into the cool water.

"hey", sam sticks her legs into the water as well, "you okay?"
"yeah"
"tell your local auntie sam"
he snickered, "i'm fine"
"no, you're not. there's something on your mind. tell me"
"well... me and riley had a pretty bad fall out"
"oh"

"i'm sorry. is there anything i can do?"
"can you sing for me?"
"not happening"
"oh, come on! you know how much comfort your singing gives me"
"fine! but just this once"

the two do what they always do.

they both lay back, staring up at the sky, which was now a pinkish colour due to the sun setting.

"all i am is a man. i want the world in my hands"

kio slowly blinks as the soft vocals from samantha reice calm him down from his brief sadness.

"use the sleeves of my sweater. let's have an adventure. head in the clouds but my gravity's centered"

it wasn't just kio who was going into a place of tranquility, but mariano as well, who was standing at the back door.

not only mariano, but jen, baron, and vinnie too, who were all lying on the roof.

vinnie adjusted his position, getting closer to sam, who he thought was hailey.

hailey and sam had similar vocals. but hailey's range was naturally a lot higher than sam's.

and sam, she didn't need to show off her vocals unlike hailey.

instead, she kept it to herself.

until kio found sam singing by the pool at the sway house.

"it's too cold for you here and now, so let me hold both your hands in the holes of my sweater"

sam looks over at kio, who was peaceful.

she looks back up at the sky.

the california sky was no longer a shade of pink. instead, it was a dark blue colour with white specks.

the stars were out tonight.

she sat up, seeing mariano at the door.

the latino smiled at her as she continued singing.

"inside this place is warm, outside it starts to pour. coming down. one love, two mouths, one love, one house, no shirt, no blouse. nothing that i wouldn't wanna tell you about"

sam finished the song, causing vinnie to quietly whisper up at the stars.

"universe... if you're listening, tell me her and i will be together. make her sing a wallows song, my favourite one please"

vinnie closed his eyes, hoping his manifestation would come true.

"what's wrong? you've been asking but i don't have an answer"

vinnie opened his eyes and smiled, "thank you"