xvi. [20k special]

A YEAR LATER

JEN AND HAILEY were celebrating their first anniversary together

surrounded by them was vinnie hacker (now 19), dixie d'amelio (now 20), charli d'amelio (now 17), bella jackson (now 19), kaycee rice (now 19), samantha reice (now 18), johnny orlando (now 18), jaden hossler (now 20), riley jackson (now 17), noah beck (now 20), sean lew (now 20), kio cyr (now 21), kenneth san jose (now 19), harry petito (now 20), lauren orlando (now 17), and madison lewis (now 19).

mariano, who was now 19, couldn't make it, which broke sam's heart but it was understandable why he didn't want to be in the same vicinity of vinnie hacker.

dixie was held by her boyfriend next to charli, who was on her boyfriend — sean's — lap.

sean and charli, despite the three year age gap, were tiktok's and the dance world's favourite couple.

riley cuddled up with vinnie. the two sat by bella and kio.

next to them was jaden and madison, who was seated next to johnny and kaycee.

johnny's younger sister, lauren and her boyfriend, kenneth sat next to john and kaycee. and next to them, samantha and harry.

harry was there for sam as her friendly date, and he had to reassure mariano that he wasn't there for any other reason.

johnny was playing his guitar around the bonfire, all of the couples cuddling together and enjoying the warmth of their blankets and the fire in front of them.

"i'm headed straight for the floor", johnny started, "the alcohol served its tour, and it's headed straight for my skin, leaving me daft and dim"

jaden starts next, "i've got this shake in my legs. shaking the thoughts from my head, but who put these waves in the door? i crack and out i pour"

"i'm mr. loverman, and i miss my lover, man. i'm mr. loverman. oh, and i miss my lover. the ways in which you talk to me had me wishing i were gone. the ways that you say my name have me running on and on", johnny and jaden sang together.

sam sat up a little, joining in, "oh, i'm cramping up. i'm cramping up. but you're cracking up. you're cracking up"

"i'm mr. loverman, and i miss my lover, man"

vinnie, hearing sam sing again, blushed. he stared at her, and he couldn't help it. she looked so into her element.

he teared up.

he missed his lover.

he missed sam.

riley looked up, seeing vinnie's tears fall slowly, "baby?"

he didn't reply, just looked away in utter silence.

dixie and jennifer felt bad for the nineteen year old, but there wasn't much they could do. he was the one who cheated, and moved on to the girl he cheated with.