v.

VINNIE WALKED INTO the kitchen, finding his sister, kio, hailey, riley, bella, troy, and jordan eating pizza

it was past noon so it made sense why they were eating pizza.

sam was still sleeping, according to jen, so vinnie thought it was a good idea to go grab her some coffee from dunkin' donuts.

"where are you going?", hailey stopped vinnie from going upstairs.
"i'm going to dunkin. do you wanna come?"
"ew, no. i hate dunkin. i like starbucks better"
"that's a matter of opinion. but, would you like for me to get you a starbucks drink?"
"ugh, yes! a pink drink with soy milk, vanilla, and a shot of espresso"
"anything else?"
"no! i'm not a starbucks addict"

vinnie shrugged, moving around hailey to get to his room for his car keys.

as he was leaving his room, he saw samantha leave jordan's room.

"you were sleeping in jordan's room?"
"mhm", she groaned while stretching her back by bending backwards, her arms touching her ankles.
"i'm actually about to go out and get coffee"

sam stood straight, "is it for me?"
"i told you i was gonna get you coffee"
"i thought you only said that to make me happy"
"like i would do that. you have a caffeine addiction"
she gasped, "do not!"
he laughed, "brush your teeth, fix your hair, and go put on some clothes. we're skating there"
"ugh!"
"you won't be a good skater if you don't practise!"

hailey walked up the stairs, "who won't be a good skater?"

sam peaked her head out of the bathroom, hailey noticing, "of fucking course"
"what?", vinnie grabbed hailey's face, "what is it?"
"nothing", she rolled her eyes, "never mind"
"hey, tell me"

hailey looks up at vinnie's hazel eyes.

he was actually curious.

"she won't be any good at anything"
"you don't know that"
"i do. she tried dancing and failed. she tried singing, obviously she's no good at that"
"hailey, you don't understand how good your sister is at skating. maybe those other things weren't her calling"
hailey scoffed, "whatever. i'm gonna go"

hailey snapped her head back and walked downstairs.

sam walked out of the bathroom, "she's right, you know? i'm not good at anything"
vinnie turned to look at her, "didn't we already have this conversation?"
"yeah but, hearing her say it makes it a reality"
"sam...", he walked to her, "she doesn't know what she's talking about"
"maybe you should just go back"
"go back where?"
"to hailey. i mean, this... friendship or whatever... it isn't anything compared to your relationship with my sister"

"you care about her and you really like her, i can tell"
"well, yeah, but so what? i care about you too"
"no, you don't. you only care to an extent because i'm hailey's sister and jen's best friend. but, if i were just some girl, you wouldn't care about me"

sam walked around vinnie with little tears in her eyes.

"i'm not going"

she went back into jordan's room, shutting the door.

vinnie was left in the corridor, wondering why the girl he was talking to was so insecure about herself.