Prologue

Sep-1-2020

A/N: Hello lovely person reading this, whoever you are! Thank you so much for choosing to read my story. I'm really early on in this whole writing thing, so please feel free to give me advice. I know I could really use it. Please, though, don't make comments just to be rude.

Also, please check out my other stories! At the moment, I've just published the first chapter or portion of each. Comment on which you'd like me to update on first and I'll see what I can do. Honestly, I'm new to this entire thing so... yeah.

Thank you again for supporting one of my stories! I hope you enjoy! :)

"Albus Potter, you get back here this instant!"

"Jeez Vic, who spat in your food?"

"You did!!!"

Albus snickered.

"Oh! So you think this is funny, do you?"

Albus' smirk dropped as he heard his cousin's voice become shrill. Perhaps spitting in her nachos with beans and whipped cream had been a bad idea. Honestly, it looked so disgusting, he didn't think she'd ever notice a difference.

"You think this is all some joke? Is that what this is to you? Al, I am PREGNANT! I needed that food. I am eating for more than just myself now, and I am not happy. I am carrying around another HUMAN BEING in my body, Al! Do you know what that is like?! Few things bring me happiness, and those nachos were one of those few things! How could you!

"How could you do this to me Al? I just wanted happiness! Is that too much to ask for? I just wanted my nachos... and now I don't have any. And we're all out of whipped cream. And I just wanted my baby to be happy... And now I don't have any nachos... And now I never will..... never...

What had started as an angry rant had now evolved into a blubbering mess. Albus hated pregnant women. They scared him. Unfortunately, this pregnant woman was also his cousin. And maybe he was also feeling a little bit of guilt. He honestly didn't think that she'd notice.

Albus inched closer to where Victoire was curled up in an armchair by the fireplace. Tears streamed silently down her face as she attempted to stop crying. Albus had been around enough newly pregnant women to know that she was probably confused and frustrated about her mood swings. He also knew that he should probably help.

Albus kissed his freedom away as he put a hand on her shoulder. She sniffled loudly and Albus held back a surprised flinch. His voice was quiet and soft as he spoke next. "I'm sorry."

VIctoire sniffled again as she tried to stop the incoming onslaught of tears. The odds however, were not in her favor and a curtain of tears fell. She put up a fight but couldn't help it. She latched onto Albus as she cried her heart out and spoke through her tears.

"I'm so sorry Al, I didn't- I mean to be so rude. I just... I'm so sorry. It's the baby. And the- the- hormones. And the stupid nachos. And I'm just so sorry. I'm so sorry, Al! I'm sorry..."

Albus hugged her shaking form as she mumbled apologies and muttered about the wonders of nachos. She quieted down quickly, but it took about 20 minutes for her to stop shaking.

Albus broke away once her heartbeat had stopped racing. She was fast asleep in the chair. Albus brought over a blanket for her and pulled back a few loose strands of blond hair. He pulled off her hourglass earrings too and, seeing no place to put them, kept them in his pocket.

Albus crouched down slightly to kiss her forehead. "Goodnight Victoire."