Part 10

I stood anxiously waiting to see if Bret's door would open. After a few moments I saw the doorknob begin to turn.

"Hello- Betty?!" Bret's large smile quickly changed to a confused expression. "Uh Jughead switched rooms but I can tell you where to find him" Bret offered still very confused as to why I was standing outside his dorm.

"I know Bret" I looked up into his eyes. "I actually came to see you" I replied softly waiting for some sort of reaction. Bret's confused look began to transform into a small smile.

"Uhh, sorry I'm just suprised" he stuttered, "Come in". Bret's eyes then flashed over towards Veronica.

"I'll meet you by the car" she winked towards me before turning off. I then made my way into Bret's room and took a seat on his bed. Bret sat down at his desk, facing towards me twirling a pencil in his hand.

"We need to talk" I spoke looking over at him. Bret began to say something but I quickly cut him off. "I want to say everything I need to first and then you can speak". He nodded his head and stared deeply into my eyes. I was glad he was playing along, it gave me hope he wanted to hear from me.

"As you can clearly see we've made one huge mess" I began, throwing my arms in the air. "I was a terrible person, not to you, but to Jughead. It took some time..and yes I did endlessly beg for Jughead to forgive me." I breathed in. "But...I didn't want him to take me back. I just wanted to free myself from all this guilt. It was selfish of me to do that but it doesn't really matter since I haven't heard a word from him since I last left here" I sniffled. "I'm not here for Jughead though" I shook my head and wiped under my eyes. "I'm here for you" I declared. Bret's expression didn't seem to change, he looked as if he was still processing my words. "I like you Bret, I really really do" I blurted out. "I didn't try to talk to you because I thought I couldn't. I thought it would make me an even worse person if I wanted to be with you. Now I know that's not the case. That I can be you, that I want to be with you..and I want you to come with me to Riverdale's homecoming dance" By the time I finish I was out of breath and tears streamed down my face. Bret got up from his seat and walked over to me.

"You know Ponytail, it did make me awfully sad that you ran away from last time. I wanted to be there for you" he spoke softly placing his hands on my face. "I really really like you too, and yes I would love to go to homecoming with you". A huge smile grew on my face. Bret smiled back and then quickly planted a kiss on my lips.

"I want to stay here" I whispered wrapping my arms around him.

"As mush I as would love that your friend is waiting for you and I have to finish up my studies' he replied pulling me closer.

"I can't believe your school day goes so late!" I giggled.

"At least I get to sleep in" he laughed back. I then pulled my self from his embrace and collected my self.

"Bye Bret, I'll texting you the details about the dance"

"I don't think you have my number " He raised a brow. I began laughing once again and hand him my phone.

"Bye lovely" He said handing me back the phone.

"Bye Bret" I waved before exiting the dorm and blowing a kiss.

I quickly rushed back to the entrance to meet Veronica. As soon as I stepped out of the building she raced towards me.

"So! So!" She squealed.

"He said yes!" I shouted giving her the biggest hug.

"Oh my gosh I'm so happy" she shouted pulling me to the car. "We better get out of here before we run into Jughead" she reminded me.

"Good thinking. I'll tell you everything in the car!" I thanked her. I was just so happy today everthing was just great!

School has started up so updates may be slow. Hope you enjoy this chapter!!!