Belladonnas and Iarkspurs

Lilith flopped down on the couch. If she was going to play Sherlock Holmes, she would need some willing participants- because every Sherlock needed a Watson to function properly, and she just had to make sure she picked the right one. She didn't want to end up with a dagger in her back now did she?

Just at this moment, she looked up to see Daniel Close walk in. She tilted her head to the side. Huh. Danny Closet. Surely there wasn't enough space in a closet for a murderous secret, now was there? Oh no, Daniel Close was the perfect Watson candidate.

Lily might've been a tad bit barmy but she certainly would never miss a meal. After a long sit down with the closet, formerly known as Daniel, they had gathered quite the bit of evidence together. More than enough to form a suspect. She had put together quite a list of people whose stories didn't add up, or were quite holey, among them Sarah Ann Downer, Hope Hill, Thalia Smythe and Dextrous Williams.  There seemed to be some confusion around Dextrous's story.

Thalia and Hope's interrogation hadn't looked good if rumours were to be followed, and there was evidence stacked against them. A H locket was  found at the crime scene, and even though Hope denied it, it was rather suspicious.It could stand for Herend but Lily thought Hope would make more sense. Apparently, she was also fond of lying. Saying "the truth is for the weak".  Now there was two kinds of insane, the friendly sane type, like Lily herself and the barmy crazy type like a ... certain someone.

As for Thalia, why, she was a musician and her name was in the will for quite the number of things. Not to mention a guitar pick was found next to the body, and she even denied owning one at first.  Of course, this was all based on idle chit chat and rumours going around the manor, but Daniel and her believed that all story had to have some basis of truth to it.

For Sarah the Drowner, Lilith had a simple reason for suspecting her. She was the last person known to have Daniel's meds. Apparently he never got them back, and Delilah had Acetaminophen in his system hours before his murder. It was very possible that she was the one who spiked his drink.
That, and her alibi wasn't clear. At least to Lily, the flower was very thorny. She might've been in the garden or her room reading a book she got from the library but it wasn't sure.

Despite all of that, Lily still wasn't sure. This seemed too simple. Or not complicated enough at least. Nevertheless, she had to make a decision. With a little nudge from a birdy in her ear, she had decided to crack her egg on Hope. The whole "I like to lie" line was a bit too suspicious. Having decided, she just had to spread the feather through the halls. The sneezing and wind would do the rest.

Lilith rubbed her temple. All that thinking had given her a craving for smarties. And ice cream. She sighed, she'd have to get up and get her legs moving to be able to raid the kitchen. What if... She cocked her head to the side and whispered Accio food pointing her finger to the door. A second ticked by. Two. Nothing. Oh well, it was worth a damn shot.

Author's note:

Yes I know this is past deadline. And it's short. And the results were out already💀 But I based it on my trail of thoughts of before, and most was already written but me being me, was too lazy to finish.
AND JUST SO YOU KNOW LILITH LILY OF THE COX IS NEVER TRUSTING ANY CLOSETS AGAIN. YOU HEAR THAT DANIEL? COXES DON'T LIKE BEING BACKSTABBED AND ALWAYS GET THEIR REVENGE. JUST YOU WAIT THE LITTLE FLYING CHICKENS WILL COME PLUCK YOUR BRAINCELLS OUT.
But well played, I would've done the same thing. Murderer and accomplices. I did not suspect a thing. Well played indeed.
August whodunit 2020 was a bloody barmy ride and I loved every bit of it. Thank you CommunityInteractive for hosting it and all fellow participants who had to put up with Lily's (and I's) spectacular self.

Dang it'll take a hell of a lot of time for Lily's character personality to rub off me💀 Someone send help.