Chapter Eleven

"What's up roommie? What did you want to ask?" I question as we walk into the house and see Jimin sitting at the dining room table with a notepad and pen, writing down something unbeknownst to me.

He looks up to watch both Jungkook and I stroll in the house towards where he was seated. His eyes flitting between the two of us and the now closed pen tapping rhythmically on the blue lined papers.

"Kookie," Jimin begins, fixating his eyes on the younger friend, "it's growing near the end of the summer. What do you think about this weekend?" He raises his eyebrows while he awaits an answer.

"This weekend?" I question looking between the two of them. Completely lost as to what they are even talking about. End of summer? What does that have to do with anything?

"That's cool with me. I'd still have time to request this weekend off, but I'm not sure if Desi would...um...would feel up to it." Jungkook gently places his hand on my lower back, right where my cramps where migrating to as if he already knew.

The warmth of his hand relaxes me slightly, but all I want to do in this moment is take some more medicine and curl up in bed. I wish Jimin would get on with it or tell me what in the hell they're talking about.

"Can someone please tell me what this is in regards to so I can go lay down?" I huff and roll my eyes with an exasperated sag of my shoulders, feeling completely out of the loop.

"We host a party at the end of the summer every year. I just wanted to make sure the timing worked out for Jungkook and that you'd be cool with it before I started making calls and sending out invites to everyone on this list." Jimin points to the multiple names scribbled onto the paper in front of him.

A party? That sounds cool to me. The last time I was even at a house party was my sophomore year which feels like ages ago. I wonder if they'd be cool with me adding some people to the list. My best friend, Robyn, for one and also Devin. It'd be a good way to make up for flaking on him today and maybe being on my own territory would make me feel a bit less nervous about getting back into the dating game.

"I'm cool with that. I'll also request this weekend off. Since I'm at home, I might get drunk again for once. It'd be nice to let loose." I shrug.

Jungkook looks at me with concern, but I'm not sure why. I'm a big girl, I can hold my liquor.

Or at least I used to.

"Okay then, it's settled. Kookie, can you send out the invites while I make some calls?" Jimin asks while ripping out another piece of paper.

"Would it be okay if I invited like two people?" I ask. "I'm not sure how many are already on the list."

"Yeah, of course! Whoever you want. The more the merrier." Jungkook smiles and begins to guide me to my room. He leans down to my ear to whisper as he reaches around me to open my bedroom door, "Go lay down. Jimin and I will take care of everything."