Chapter Ten

"Taco Sal." You read the name across the taco truck with red and yellow letters parked in an abandoned shopping center parking lot amongst other food trucks.

"I've been coming here for years." Jungkook mentions as he grabs the door handle. "What kind of tacos are you in the mood for?"

"Chicken. Two please and do they have chips and queso?" You ask as you squint to try to read the menu on the side through the afternoon glare. 

The fancy letters made it a bit harder to read from the passenger seat of his car, but there was no way you were about to get out looking the way you do and you were more than thankful that Jungkook didn't expect you to.

"They do. I'll get us some." He opens the door and steps out to start walking towards the truck.

"Wait!" You stop him before he can shut the door. "I didn't give you any money yet." Rummaging through your bag as you try to find your wallet, you finally pull out a ten dollar bill and hold it out for him to take, but he swats you away with a shrug.

"It's cool. You can get the next round of tacos." With a wink, he shuts the door and walks up to the waiting man sporting a clear apron and a thick mustache leaning out of the sliding window.

"JK! I haven't seen you in a couple weeks." He exclaims, holding out his hand to shake his with an enthusiastic grin.

"What's up Sal? Yeah, it's been a while." He stares at the menu for a moment trying to decide what tacos he wanted to get for himself.

"New chick of the week?" Sal asks a bit more quietly without staring over at Jungkook's car.

He shakes his head and chuckles at his question, "Naw, new roommate."

"I smell trouble." Sal wiggles his eyebrows.

"Just give me two chicken tacos, some chips and queso, three brisket tacos, and mind your business." Jungkook playfully jabs back at him while handing him the cash.

Sal takes the money with a chuckle and goes back into the truck to start preparing the food while Jungkook walks over to the passenger door. You roll down the window with your brow knitted, unsure if there was something wrong.

"Did you want to eat in the car or go back home?" He asks, folding his arms on the window sill and looking up at you with wide, waiting eyes.

You take a second to answer. Squinting your eyes and looking up to the ceiling as if your decision will appear out of thin air. Jungkook watches you intently, involuntarily beginning to smile as he looked at your cute facial expression. Reaching up, he brushes away a loose curl with his fingertips. The shock of his touch causes you to break away from your thoughts and look at him as he slowly twirls it in between his index and middle finger.

"The car is fine if that's okay with you." You breathe out, the feeling of his touch still causing you to not thinking coherently.

"Whatever you want baby girl." He lets the curl slip through his fingers as he pushes himself off of the car door to walk back to collect the food.

After handing you the white plastic bag, he starts up the car and puts his arm on the back of your seat to begin to back away.

"I thought we were going to eat in the car?" You question, unsure as to why you two were leaving.

"I didn't want to eat with Sal watching us." He chuckles and puts the vehicle into gear. "I know a better spot."

A few minutes later, he pulls into the entrance of a community park that's not very busy. Only one other vehicle is seen on the other side of the parking lot from where he's driving to. He stops the car in an area above a wide, slanted hill with lush green grass that over looks part of the city in the distance below.