A Proposal

Crypto was at his desk making something when he heard a knock on his door. He couldn't stop thinking about this morning. He got up and prepared to quickly tell that person to leave, since he didn't want anyone to see what he was making. Not that it was embarrassing- it was uncharacteristic. For him. He was surprised when Loba walked in without an invite and seated herself at Crypto's desk, looking at everything on it. Something catches her eye and she picked it up. An envelope, rimmed with silver designs. In the middle was his 'hacker symbol'. She plucked it open and read the contents.

Solara,

Happy 29th birthday!
.,,.,..,,....,.,,

There were pencil marks where Crypto had failed to write anything and instead taken to tapping the pencil on the paper. He was in the process of coming up with something heartfelt; enough to apologize for being a jerk, but also enough to make it easy for her to forgive him. Loba smirked and waved the paper around.

"Oh, it's the demonio's sister's birthday, hm?" She asked cattily. Crypto blinked, willing his face not to turn red. Loba noticed his discomfort and smirked.

"Ohh, I see." She drawled.

"Yamete. What are you talking about?" He asked suspiciously. She grinned and leaned back in the seat, looking like a misleading mafia boss about to give him an offer he can't refuse. She plucked invisible lint off of the shoulder of her suit, feigning innocence.

"You have a thing for the demonia." She stated simply, like it was something that occured every day.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Get out." He snapped. Loba feigned sadness.

"I have a proposal- no. I have a job for you."

"What if I refuse?"

"You won't." She said

"Why is that?"

"Because, you don't want your little secret getting out, do you?" Crypto stayed silent.

"What do you want?" He demanded after a pause.

"I want you to do.. Spywork, I guess. Date her, get close to her, hell, do whatever you want with her." She raised her eyebrows suggestively. Crypto flushed, and she laughed.

"Why?"

"I want to know exactly what she's planning." She said, serious all of a sudden.

"I know for a fact she isn't." Crypto snapped, hoping that'd be enough. Obviously, it wasn't.

"Right. Because the creepy hacker would know everything about a murderous robot's sister." She said sarcastically. Crypto sighed.

"I'm not gonna spy on her when there's no reason to."

"Here's a reason: Do it, or I'll tell everyone about your sister's little... Disappearance. And your involvement in it." Loba chided. Crypto's eyes widened and he turned pale. Loba smirked, knowing she'd caught him off guard.

"Get out."

"So it's a yes?"

"Fine. But don't expect to get anything out of it."

"I always do." Satisfied, she stood up and planted a kiss on his lips as she sashayed away. Crypto made a face. Solara had to be clean, so why should he be worried?

spying is wrong. He thought.

you didn't have a problem with it before, did you?

(A/N: Sorry this chapter was so short, I couldn't think of much else to put in it :/)