Wendigo

Georgie sits in the back of the Impala drawing while Sam sleeps and Dean drives

Georgie sits in the back of the Impala drawing while Sam sleeps and Dean drives. Sam suddenly jerks awake making Dean and Georgie look at him worried. "You okay?" Georgie asks leaning forward. "Yeah, I'm fine." Sam tells her. Dean nods "Another nightmare?" he asks. Sam clears his throat. "You wanna drive for a while?" Dean asks him. Sam laughs "Dean, your whole life you never once asked me that." he responds. "Just thought you might want to. Never mind." Dean shrugs making Georgie chuckle slightly. "Look, man, you're worried about me. I get it, and thank you, but I'm perfectly okay." Sam assures. "Mm-hm." Dean responds.  Sam grabs a map "All right, where are we?" he asks. "We are just outside of Grand Junction." Dean tells him. Sam folds down the map "You know what? Maybe we shouldn't have left Stanford so soon." Sam comments. "Sam, we dug around there for a week. We came up with nothing." Georgie tells him gently. "If you wanna find the thing that killed Jessica-" Dean continues. "We gotta find Dad first." Sam finishes with a sigh. "Dad disappearing and this thing showing up again after twenty years, it's no coincidence. Dad will have answers. He'll know what to do." Dean explains. "It's weird, man. These coordinates he left us. This Blackwater Ridge." Sam starts. "What about it?" Dean asks. "There's nothing there. It's just woods. Why is he sending us to the middle of nowhere?" Sam asks as they drive past the National Forest sign that says, "Welcome to Lost Creek Colorado National Forest".

They park the Impala is parked next to the Ranger Station and walk inside. "So Blackwater Ridge is pretty remote." Sam says as he looks at a 3D map of the national forest. Dean looks at the decorations with Georgie, who picks up a leaflet. "It's cut off by these canyons here, rough terrain, dense forest, abandoned silver and gold mines all over the place." Sam continues. "Dude, check out the size of this freaking bear." Dean exclaims. Sam and Georgie look over to where Dean is looking at a framed photo, showing a man standing behind a much larger bear. Sam walks over to stand next to Dean, Georgie walking over aswell. "And a dozen or more grizzlies in the area. It's no nature hike, that's for sure." Georgie comments. A forest ranger walks up behind them; with only Georgie noticing. "You kids aren't planning on going out near Blackwater Ridge by any chance?" he asks. When he speaks Dean and Sam whip around startled, making Georgie giggle quietly and Dean glare at her. "Oh, no, sir, we're environmental study majors from UC Boulder, just working on a paper." Sam laughs a little. Dean grins and raises a fist "Recycle, man." he tells the ranger. "Bull. You're friends with that Haley girl, right?" The ranger asks. Dean considers before speaking "Yes. Yes, we are, Ranger-" Dean checks the ranger's nametag. "Wilkinson." he finishes. "Well I will tell you exactly what we told her. Her brother filled out a backcountry permit saying he wouldn't be back from Blackwater until the twenty-fourth, so it's not exactly a missing persons now, is it?" Wilkinson asks. Dean shakes his head in response. "You tell that girl to quit worrying, I'm sure her brother's just fine." Wilkinson finishes. "We will. Well that Haley girl's quite a pistol, huh?" Dean asks. "That is putting it mildly." Wilkinson responds. Georgie has an idea "Actually you know what would help is if I could show her a copy of that backcountry permit. You know, so she could see her brother's return date." she says sweetly, making Dean smile slightly. Wilkinson walks off and returns with a copy of the permit. "Thank you Sir. We'll go and show this to Haley now." Georgie smiles.