Chapter 5: Hally "Playing the Part"

Part five of the one shot series for Molly M. Ahh you’ve gotta listen to the link song, it’s PERFECT and so good especially for this oneshot!

Follow her on twitter here: @MollyMedaille

Link on the side of the song to listen to while you read ---> (Song for an Actress by Hoodie Allen)

“I hate it when they bring in singers or bands for movies,” Anne Hathaway, my co-star remarked next to me, examining her nails with boredom as we watching the four British boys stepping onto the outdoors set. I gave her a subtle look – I personally was beyond excited we were getting to work with One Direction.

“I don’t know, Harry Styles is pretty cute,” I tried to remark casually, and she furrowed her brow at me.

“If you’re into that…kind of hair,” she shrugged, tone condescending. I kept my mouth glued shut. How could anyone dislike Harry’s curly locks? But I didn’t feel like arguing – Anne tended to pretty pissy when someone disagreed with her, and today she wasn’t in the greatest mood.

This movie was my big break, mostly I’d only worked on Indie films and I’d never acted alongside as big of a name as Anne Hathaway. I was just trying to stay cool on a day to day basis. We hadn’t started shooting any scenes yet, but we’d gone through the scripts and costuming.

“Hey! Molly! Can you come here for a second?” Our director, Toni Martin motioned for me to come talk to him, Harry Styles standing coolly by his side. Smoothing down my hair, I tried to hop down from my chair gracefully and hurried over.

“I want you to read through the first scene with Mr. Styles, please,” Toni held the paper copy out to me and I stared at it blankly.

“They’re not even in the first scene,” my voice came out flat.

“Harry is now,”

“Did you…add in lines?”

“Nope.”

“The first scene is just between Grace and Patrick,” I named my character and the leading man, perching my hands on my hips. “Is Jake Gyllenhall not flying in until later?”

“Jake’s agent and I couldn’t come to an agreement,” Toni looked sheepish.

“Why am I just now finding out?” I huffed, starting to lose my cool. I’d always, I mean always wanted to work with Jake, and I had been looking towards it since I’d signed my contract for 1.6 million, which was actually low for a leading lady salary. But the kissing scene that was planned between me and him was salary enough for me.

“I’m sorry, babe. Can we talk later?” Toni cut his eyes towards Harry, who was standing awkwardly next to him, face fallen.

“Just explain to me why Harry is running through scene 1 with me?” I demanded.

“We signed Harry for Patrick Klein last weekend,” he replied uneasily.

“What?” I practically yelled. “Harry is not an actor, he’s a singer.”

“I ran him through a full audition. He’s quite good, Molly,” Toni reasoned.

“Have you ever seen iCarly?” I shot back, and I heard Harry let out a strangled laugh, slapping his hand over him mouth, attempting to keep it in. Toni shook his head, shrugging.

“Don’t care, Molly. Run scene 1, and then take five.” Turning on his heel, he walked off. My eyes lazily trailed over to Harry, who was grinning, dimples showing.

“Um, I’m Harry,” he held out his hand uneasily, and I looked at it uninterestedly.

“I know who you are,” I crossed my arms over my chest, and he pulled his hand back, shuffling his feet.