Chapter 22: The Escape ~ The Winged Mysterious Paladin

While the paladins are trying to escape, Lance and Matt are running as fast as they could to get off the ship that they are in. "How much farther to the hanger Matt?" Lance asked,

"Just a little bit further," Matt replied as he looks at the computer.

"Great," Lance smiled. "We got t hurry, this ball is getting a lot warmer than it has been around two dobashes ago,"

"Stop complaining," Matt nearly barked. "Or you will..." Matt stopped at one corner,

"Or I will what?" Lance asked as he too stopped and look at the direction that Matt is looking at. In front of them, they saw eight men that are wearing black. Remembering what Hunk has warned them about, "ninja's". "Ah, quiznak." Lance frowned,

"Men," on of the ninja's spoke. "Get the orb, don't let it leave the ship." With no reply, the ninja's made a stance. Preparing to fight.

"Matt," Lance spoke as he summons his bayard and it has transformed into a sword. "We must work together to protect this orb; Keith's life depends on it."

"Right," Matt nodded as he pulled out his rod. Within a tick, they begun to fight.

While Lance and Matt are fighting, the ninjas are starting to lose their stamina. Lance kept himself near the orb when he clashes his sword to the ninja's weapons. 'Keith,' Lance thought. 'You owe me one for this,' before he knew it. The orb has slipped out of his arms. Lance gasped, suddenly one of the ninjas' caught it before it hits the ground. "Hey," Lance ran after him. "Oh no, you don't!" His sword quickly transformed into a blaster and he shot the ninja. With a direct hit, the ninja has started to collapse as the orb has flew out of his hand. Lance quickly dropped his blaster and ran after it. With one jump, Lance caught it. He sighed, suddenly he heard a crack. "Uh oh," he sat up. He quickly examined the orb; he only saw one small crack on the surface and nearly made a dent on it. Oh boy, let's hope that it does not spread. As his worry overwhelmed him, he doesn't noticed that someone is standing behind him.

Within a few moments, Matt ran to the corner where Lance was. When he makes a turn, he saw a ninja is standing firmly above Lance and he was about to make a strike. In panic, Matt ran towards him. "Lance!" Matt shouted, "Look out!"

"Huh?" Lance turned as the ninja begun to strike down. Within a tick, a bright flash of light has appeared, and everything has begun to become very still.

As the bright light is flashing within the hallway; Lance tried to cover his eyes. Suddenly, he begun to hear a sound of clothe wrapped around something. He opens his eyes, everything around him is bright as night sky with floating balls of light dancing across the hall. Lance look up, he saw the ninja's right wrist has been caught by a glowing turquoise wrap. The ninja struggled to be released, Lance remain stun for two ticks. Trying to absorb what is happening around him. "Paladin," a voice that is almost quite familiar to him has called out. A British accent with a mixture of Altean, full of comfort and concern overwhelmed him. Lance followed where the glow is coming from. From a few lengths away, he saw a paladin with colors of sky-blue with a hint of turquoise to the armor. In the helmet, it was dark and black. Lance could not see it's face, knowing that the mysterious paladin does not want to be shown. Not just yet. However, the paladin is also holding a bayard in one hand and the other holding tightly on the glow. Making sure that the ninja doesn't get too close to Lance. "Paladin," the sky-blue paladin called out to him. "Move out the way, I'll handle this."

"Uh," Lance snapped out of his daze. "Sure," Lance got up and ran towards his bayard.

As Lance is standing behind the mysterious paladin, he picked up his bayard and begun to watch. "Want to dance, Shadow Child?" The paladin pulled the glow again,