Chapter 13: Mother's Comfort ~ Talk

Within the hallway, Shiro tried to breath for a moment. "You're stressed," a voice spoke. "Aren't you, Shiro?" Shiro turned, he saw Krolia up and walking with Cosmo companying her.

"Krolia," Shiro sighed. "Are you supposed to be in bed, resting?"

"I was," Krolia limbed as she held a pillow tightly on her side. "But your smell of worry has disturbed me,"

"How can you smell me all the way from the hospital room?"

"You don't want to know," Krolia grunted in pain.

Cosmo whined in worry,

"Let me help you get back to bed," Shiro offered.

"I'm fine," Krolia nearly growled in pain as she leans against the wall.

"Krolia, don't let me summon the doctors and report this to Kolivan." Shiro puts his hands on his hips. Krolia looks at him as he shown a mixture of firm and concern to his eyes.

Krolia sighed, "Alright, but go gently on me."

"Can't make promises," Shiro shook his head as he took on of her arms and looped over his shoulders. He helped Krolia to walk back to the room that she is resting in with Cosmo is following behind them.

At Krolia's room, Krolia lied down gently with a pillow right next to her wounded side and Cosmo laid down on the other. Shiro sat on the chair, breath for a moment. "Thanks," Krolia spoke.

"No problem," Shiro sat up straight. "But I'm sorry,"

"For what?" Krolia asked,

"To force you out of bed to follow my scent like that,"

"There's no need for that Shiro," Krolia nodded.

"But I feel like for responsible for everything," Shiro begun to ramble. "For many things that I could name that..." Krolia slapped the back of Shiro's head, he went silent for a moment.

"Shiro," Krolia use her firm voice. "I know what your going through, as a mother and a blade. I know,"

"Right, sorry." Shiro rubbed his head.

Krolia sighed, "I know that you and the others are trying, Shiro. Trying to keep on searching and not to lose hope. But doesn't mean that you must bite everyone heads off, not while you are chewing yours. Not even while we are in the middle of the search,"

"I know," Shiro sighed. "But I tried to cool down before thinking of an apology,"

"They understand of what you are going through Shiro," Krolia spoke. "They might have been through your footsteps a long time ago. So, don't pressure yourself." As Shiro begun to calm down, he begun where Krolia is going.

Shiro smiled, "Thanks, I needed that."

"No problem," Krolia smiled.

"You know, I know your Keith's mom." Shiro smiled. "But you sure know how to be a mother to everyone else when he is not around."

"Everyone needs a hobby," Krolia shrugged. "However, Keith is indeed in fact my only cub. But it doesn't hurt to be a mother to other cubs that are still in need for mother's embrace or advice, including you." For a moment, Shiro has begun to consider her to be a mother to him since the time when he first met her. From that moment on, he knew that his family has begun to expand to that experience that is in his life and begun to warm his heart once again.

I see what you see now Keith, Shiro thought. Now it is my turn to not to give up, for you. Little brother. Shiro stayed with Krolia and Cosmo's side, so he will ease her to rest again.