➳Roamers➳ ↜Chapter 4↝

Sophia

I woke up, feeling sick. I had dried tears on my face. That's when I realized mom was gone. I started crying. I couldn't go on without her. Everyone kept asking what was wrong

The sound that came out of my mouth was mom

My mother, the woman who raised me, cared for me, put up with me. My mother is dead. She was all alone.
My dad left years ago. She was all alone and scared and just trying to get to me, to make sure i was okay, and now shes one of the infected.
I want to die. I want to live, only if my mother was living with me. And thats never going to happen, and i want to die.

Your pov

Chloe wakes up and shes a mess. Im trying to ask her what happened but she just mumbles 'mom.' Is her mom dead?
-

-

My dad and uncle pack the vans were taking to the country. Me and sophia are sitting on the grass in the front yard.

We have a tall fence that is almost impossible to see through built around our house, so were all outside getting ready to leave.

Sophia looks extremely depressed and is just staring at the grass she's rolling between her fingers.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked in a quiet voice. "I want to die, Meredith." she mutters. "I just listened to my mother die over the phone. And now i want to die"

All i can do is hug her. Shes so strong- i wish this didn't have to happen to her. Shes such a happy person, and now she's completely broken.
-

-

-
We're in the vans, driving to our safe haven. Thats the first time I actually looked at one of the things.

What are they? All the do is roam around, looking for the next person to tear apart. They cant run, they just walk.

What do we call them? Roamers? Roamers it is.