Chapter 4: Through Mud and Blood - Act 1

I do not own anything relating to RWBY and Battlefield 1. RWBY is belonged to Rooster Teeth and Battlefield 1 is belonged to DICE and EA. All names mentioned in this fanfic belong to their respective owners.

The ideas in this fanfic belongs to me.

All criticisms are welcomed, especially the ones that are constructive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blake Belladonna, a lover of books and a... "a girl of culture" per se, found herself strolling along the halls of the place's huge library, unsurprisingly. At first, she just thought that she was going to watch a movie based on Remnant's Great War so she wasn't that interested since she has read multiple documentations and history books about it. However, since it was the Great War of ANOTHER world, one that made the one in her world seemed totally insignificant, she just couldn't resist having her hands on some reading materials regarding that war. However, there's just one problem...

"Ugh... Where's the damn thing...", the cat faunus muttered in annoyance.

There wasn't anything relating to the war in the library. None. And the strangest thing was that everything, even some non-significant stuff, was there on the shelves, but not history about World War 1, or any wars in that regards. Just as she about to give up and head towards the door, she saw Eli stood against the wall and his left hand is holding a book.

"Looking for this, kitty cat?", Eli held the book up for Blake to see. The cover of the book said "THE FIRST WORLD WAR: A COMPLETE HISTORY".

"Yes, I'm looking for something like that.", but then Blake glared at Eli, "What do you mean by 'kitty cat', Eli?"

Eli just rolled his eyes in return. "Have you ever seen a ribbon twitched on its own? Seriously, I wonder how everyone around you hasn't realised it by now."

Blake just looked away with a small blush. But then she turned back to Eli. "Anyways, I would like to borrow that book."

"No can do, kitty. Don't wanna spoil the movie now, do we?", Eli said, with Blake looked down and sighed in defeat.

"Though if you want it that bad then I'll give it to you after the movie. Consider it as a gift.", Eli winked.

Blake's eyes immediately brightened up and her ears/ribbon twitched in happiness. After thanking Eli, she, with Eli in tow, went back to the viewing area, which had already packed with people.

"Alright then. Is everyone ready for the next viewing section?"

"Yes!", Nora, Sun, Neptune, Ruby, and Yang exclaimed.

"Aye", Roman and Qrow said at the same time, which they just stared at each other weirdly for a second before turning away.

"Hopefully it's less brutal than the prologue.", Winter said softly, still a bit saddened at seeing soldiers dying left and right.

"Don't worry about, it's less brutal than the last one... Not really.", Eli said and whispered to himself at the last part.

"Anyways, let's get right into the movie!"

The darkness on the screen slowly faded away, and it its place, a giant blue sphere appeared.

"Whoa...", the whole audience was mesmerized by it.

"I present to you, the other world, planet Earth.", Eli smirked.

"It's beautiful...", Pyrrha said with everyone agreed with her.