𝟸.𝟹. ~ ᴡᴀsʜɪɴɢ ᴀᴡᴀʏ

4 months later.

Everything seems pointless. As I tick every single mine on the damned list, I get even more frustrated. I've been so patient, waiting and waiting for one of these mines to give me good finds. The old hag at the workhouse who gave me this list is wasting my time. All of the addresses on the list are crossed out except one, the last one on the list. As much as I want to throw away the list, I keep it. Maybe this last mine will work out. Maybe I'll have spectacular luck on this last one. I better have good luck on this last one. Otherwise, four months of my work was worthless.

I take out a small journal, grabbing a small pen and furiously writing.

"Tomorrow, I will go to the last place the old man had recorded. If there's nothing, I hope he-" I hear gentle knocking on the front door, interrupting my thoughts. I huffed, slamming the diary closed and stuffing it back into a drawer as well as the pen. I crack the front door open, looking at the sliver of light on the other side. It was (Y/N). I smile, opening the door wide open and inviting her in. We exchange our greetings and sit in the living room.

"So, how's everything doing at your work? Anything good happen?" She asked with curious eyes.

"It's... Alright, I guess. I plan on going to a different mine since I don't really like the other workers in this one." I lie through my teeth. This wasn't the real reason. I still haven't told (Y/N) about the list, never mind my true intentions. I love her too much for her to know that.

"Mmm, I hope this next one is alright! You've been switching to different mines a lot, it must be tiring. You probably need a break for once." She cooed thoughtfully.

"A break sounds nice... Anyways, I plan on going tomorrow. Golden Cave is the name if I recall correctly." I say aloud while thinking to myself.

"I see." She mutters, as if she was making a mental note.

"I'm going to bring a few of my friends along to assist me, most likely." I mention. "Do you wanna tag along? You can be our good luck charm."

"Of course! I've learned a bit about mining from my father, I can't imagine being completely useless." She agreed.

"Thank you, darling. I appreciate it." I say, kissing the back of her hand.

"It's not a problem, I enjoy helping you anyways. Give me the address of the place and I'll be there." She smiles.

"Do you want to stay with me tonight? It won't be an issue if we go together in the morning." I suggest.

"Of course! I'll bunk on the couch." She says to my dismay.

"You know," I whisper in her ear, putting on a serious voice. "You act like we've never slept with each other before. Why is that? The faces you made last time said that you enjoyed being with me."

Her face is consumed by a violent blush as she tried to cover herself up. I loved teasing her like this.

"I'm joking, I'm joking. Seriously though, you don't have to sleep on the couch. The bed is big enough for the two of us anyways." I say with a light-hearted grin.

"You could've just said that in the first place instead of being a tease..." She pouts.

"It's not as funny, though."