Chapter 17:

Drystan Pov.

After the car accident, Reiji said that since it would take hours for another vehicle to be prepared, we had to walk a great distance before we can teleport to school. Of course this was met with multiple complaints by the triplets and Shu, so I decided to grace them with the knowledge that I could just use my magic to teleport us outside the school. You should have seen the aftermath of that: Ayato and Laito vomited in nearby trashcans, Kanato and Yui were both light headed and leaned on me to prevent falling on the ground, Subaru's face was slightly pale and his tough guy persona was slightly cracking while Reiji and Shu handled the side effects like pros.

After everyone took a ten minute break, we made a ten minute trek to the school and split up to our respective hallways and classrooms, and Shu and I entered our classroom and sat in our seats while waiting for the start of homeroom.

~~Time skip to homeroom~~

"Everyone take your seats, we have a new student joining us, so please welcome him to our school." said the teacher and all the other students was waiting with anticipation. "Please come in!"

A young man with short, scruffy black hair with light tips, cobalt blue eyes and pale skin walked inside. His uniform was worn rather casually and it consists of the black school jacket with a white dress shirt that is slightly unbuttoned revealing a black long-sleeved shirt underneath and a long black tie over it. He wears it with the black plaid uniform pants and brown shoes.

"Hey, isn't he kind of hot?" asked a female student.

"He gives off such a cool aura!"

I sighed at the girls comments before checking out the new student.

'Well, I'd be lying if I say he isn't attractive...' Was my thought.

"Now please introduce yourself." said the teacher.

"I'm Ruki Mukami, nice to meet you." The teen's voice was deep and suave.

The teen, now known as Ruki, scanned the classroom until he locked gazes with me. I noticed Ruki's eyes widened until it returned to it's normal look making me blink in confusion.

"Okay, Mukami-kun, take a seat over there..." The teacher pointed to the empty seat next the window. Ruki had to walk past me to get to his seat and that was when I took a whiff of his scent.

'What is this smell?' I thought as I sniffed the air again. 'This scent comes from a vampire... but it's different.'

"Everyone take out your books!" said the teacher and all the students took out their books and class began.

Three minutes into the lesson, I began thinking about the strange scent the new student has. Since I have been in this classroom for months, I've grown used to the mixed smells of humans and vampires but his scent is throwing me off a bit.

'Why am I thinking hard about this? I can't help but feel some familiarity with him, but from where...?' It seems while I was in my thoughts, I sensed someone staring at me for a while now. At first, I thought it was one of my admirers but I'm starting to become suspicious.

I looked over my shoulder and I see Ruki looking right at me with calculating eyes.

'Do I know him...? Why's he looking at me like that?' I thought before turning around and trying to ignore him. 'I don't need drama in my life right now...'

~~Next Period~~

I was getting ready to head out after the bell for the start of second period and most of the students left the room. I saw Shu still in deep sleep in his seat so I lightly kicked the leg of his chair to wake him up.