Chapter Two- Luke

~Lukes POV~

I walked down the street, my shoes connecting with the concrete creating a clacking noise. I love walking home it was my "me time". I could reflect on my horrible day, or get lost in a day dream. 

Although today seemed different, eerie. My thoughts we put to a halt when I heard the sound of a diesel engine and tires colliding with the road. 

Travis...

In his 1980 Chevy. It was a beater but, he loved that truck.

Travis...

He was devoted to making my life a living hell. It seems like he knows something about me that I don't.

"Heeeeyyyy! It's mah buddy Luke!" Travis jeered. 

"What do you want?' I snapped.

"We were just on our way to Juliet's house. Her parents are out of town theres gonna be a keg and girlssssssss, Oh i'm sorry I have lost  your interest. Travis corrected himself.

"Just because I don't get drunk Friday nights and play football, doesn't mean there is anything abnormal about me, you're just an insufferable prick!" I argued.

With that Travis and his friends sped off. I knew I'd eventually take the beating for that but, it was well worth it.

***

When I got home I found my mother in the kitchen, preparing supper. Grease popped in the cast iron skillet before her that cotained the chicken was cooking.

"Hi, sweetie how was your day?" She greeted me. I walked over and gave her a kiss atop her head. 

"Let's not talk about it." I told her. She sighed at my response.

"Luke, this happening too often. What is going on at school?" She pushed.

I could me hear the pain in her voice, another stab to the heart.

"It's nothing mom I'm just having trouble in calculus." I lied. I couldn't tell her I was shunned by my peers, I ate lunch alone, and spent every moment as my escape from this hell.

"Do you want me to call your teacher?" She asked.

Stab

"No mom nothing I can't handle I'm grown." 

"Luke, I'm so proud of you. Remember this is just a bump in the road I know you're capable of great things." My mom said staring directly into my eyes. 

Stab

 "Thanks mom. You always know how to make me feel better."

We all sat down at the dinner table in a comfortable silence the only noise is the knifes scrapping against the porcelin plates, which is extremely annoying to me it's one of my pet-peevs.

"Luke I'm gonna need to you to do the grocery shopping tomorrow, I have a doctors appointment." My mom spoke up breaking the scilence. 

After the dishes were clean and so I was I, I laid in my bed wondering why my mom would have a doctors appointment out of the blue...

Thanks for reading~