part 7: free...?

[Y/N's POV]

"You sure you're okay? Like, not traumatised by what had happened at all?"

I nod in response, returning my attention to the news displayed on a nearby television screen.

Last night just before dawn, in an apartment building in Ward 22 of Tokyo, a married couple of unidentified origin were discovered dead in the basement of their apartment. Saliva thought to be from the ghoul, "Stinger" was left on the bodies. A young female teenager is also found next to the deceased couple unconscious and badly wounded. Awoken not too long ago, the female teenager claimed to have no memory of the traumatic experience. Adding on to Stinger's killing record, the CCG has officially increase Stinger's bounty rank to SS-rank, placing Stinger high on the 'Kill on Sight' list of ghouls.

...

"...so, what do you think, [Y/N]? ...[Y/N]?"

I am pulled back into the conversation and away from the displaying news. I quickly apologise for not listening and urge them to repeat their words. Kumiko and Aliza both sigh simultaneously.

"I still don't get how your hair colour swapped after that incident...Anyway, pushing that matter aside, where are you going to live now? My family house has no space for you to sleep, and you wouldn't stay alive for a single day at the campus' dormitories."

I simply shrug my shoulders, and Kumiko huffs in annoyance as her response to my incorporation. I pick up my cup of coffee and take a sip of the bitter-sweet black liquid. Everyone, except for myself being attracted to the news once more, stare at the sitting table and ponder to solve my situation at hand, when I see Sans jerk his head up from the corner of my eye. He looked excited to share his idea for some reason with a tint of redness appearing on his cheekbones.

"the kid could stay with us."

Papyrus' small black pinpricks widen in surprise, the bandages on Alphys rise to her shocked reaction, and so does both of Aliza's shut eye brows. Kumiko, however, grins ever so slightly behind her hands covering her mouth, though visible in my direction. Alphys is the first to respond.

"S-Sans...I'm n-not s-sure if U-Undyne would a-accept [Y/N] i-into the h-household!"

"BROTHER, THOUGH I DO LIKE YOUR IDEA, I HAVE TO AGREE WITH DOCTOR ALPHYS. YES, UNDYNE DID ACCEPT ALIZA BUT SHE DID ALMOST KILL HER TOO! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, AM GREATLY CONCERNED OF OUR DEAR FRIEND'S SAFETY!"

I immediately rush to hush Papyrus down after noticing the annoyed glares the rest of the customers gave towards the loud volume in the peaceful café. Papyrus is soon reminded of his 'rudeness' and quickly nods his head in apology to the annoyed customers. Thankfully, they retreat their attention from us and focus on their own business. As I glance around one more time to make sure nobody else were focusing their anger on us, I turn back to face the group and a menacing looking Sans. His grin grew wide 'til it reached the ends of his eye sockets as he stared with his single eye pupil at Alphys.

"heh, if undyne were to hurt [y/n]..."

He earns a stare from Kumiko and I, she showing a smirked expression while I gave a confused one, and quickly adds more words to his sentence.

"...w-without any reason to hurt anyone for that matter, she'll have to mess with me."

Kumiko's smile falters while I heave out a sigh of mental relief.

"If You Say So Brother..."

I smile at Papyrus for his consideration to lower is usual volume. I huff out a random breath that I held in and sipped the rest of my coffee.