Special 6: No Matter the Distance

This takes place in April X809 on the day of Hanami. I know in the anime this happens between October and December, but it's more realistic to have sakura trees blooming in the spring. Up above is a quick look at their typical interactions. 😈😇

Igneel was a boy with spiky, salmon-pink hair and chocolate brown eyes full of mischief. His younger twin sister, Nashi, was the same. Both were seven, two months away from turning eight. They lived in their house on the outside of town (Natsu and Happy's old house) with their younger brother Luke and nine-month-old little sister Layla.

"Nameless! What are you doing!" Igneel snarled at the table. He was wearing his plain, white scarf as usual. Even though he was in his pajamas. Luke was sitting in between the twins.

"I'm eating breakfast, what does it look like, Ignorant!" Nashi snarled back. She was dressed the same way. The toddler looked between the two. Lucy sighed.

"What started the fight this time?" she asked. She popped a spoonful of baby food into little Layla's mouth.

"No idea! He just called me out for no reason!" Nashi cried.

"That's 'cause you stole my scarf," Igneel retorted.

"What?! I did not!"

"Yeah you did! It smells different!"

"I didn't wake up at all last night!"

"How do I know that, huh? How should I believe you?"

"How do you not believe your own sister??"

"I do!"

"No you don't!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Ahhhhh, what a delicious breakfast, babe. Thank you!" Natsu exclaimed. He patted his rounded stomach. The twins continued their bickering in the background.

"You're welcome, hot stuff," Lucy answered with a smile.

"Oh, by the way, Igneel. Nashi," the father said. At the mention of their names, the twins stopped and looked at him. They were now fussing over Luke. The poor blond-haired kid was trying to eat. His older siblings kept haggling each other over who would actually feed him. They had only recently restarted this. After all, it had only been four months since the death of their little brother Jude and Master Makarov. Their father grinned.

"Wanna see if one of you can get your Grandfather's scarf?" he challenged. At this the twins got into fighting stances.

"Oh now I'm all fired up!!" they hollered in unison. Igneel looked at Nashi. Nashi looked at Igneel. They exchanged nasty glares. Natsu stood up and sauntered over to the door.

"Oh yeah. If you win the scarf you can get out of morning dishes for a week," he mused aloud. That got his children's attention. Less than five seconds later they had their shoes on and were outside! Lucy smiled.

"Thanks, hon," she said. Natsu grinned back.

"No problem! Plus it'll give Luke a chance to actually eat!" he declared.

"Alright! Today is the day that I, Nashi Luna, will obtain Grandfather's scarf for real!" Nashi declared.

"Yeah right! It'll actually be me, Igneel Nalu. After all, I've grown up by feeding our little bro breakfast," her brother challenged. They butted heads.

"Idiot! I was feeding Luke first! Also, Imma get Grandfather's scarf before you!" she snarled.

"What the hell?! No! It was me! He asked for me! And I'd like to see you try!" he growled.