Special 1: Redhead Relationships

Hey all! So as I'm putting together the Grand Magic Games series, I decided to try and entertain y'all with some specials. Just as the description says, these are short stories that occur either in between chapters or before the story starts. No new characters. Just some extra information.  If you would like a specific character featured (even if they've already got a chapter), message me and I'll see what I can do! Enjoy! :) 

This event takes place in between Chapter 14 and 15 of Volume 1. P.S., above is a picture of Rosemary with her new hairstyle along with Reiki! Also also spoilers for their GMG outfits! :)

Reiki and Rosemary headed home after they exited the ice cream store. He held a bowl of chocolate ice cream while she danced around with a cone of vanilla.

"You know what Big Brother?" Rosemary asked. She skipped a few paces ahead.

"Hm?" he asked. She turned around and walked backwards.

"I swear, Luke and Jay aren't motivated at all! They barely try during training and I always have to save their butts on quests!" she cried.

"Mm," he said. He pointed to her cone. She licked the dripping edges before continuing.

"Furthermore, I can't get them to focus! They've always got hearts in their eyes," she continued.

"I see."

"Mavis. They should take the Grand Magic Games more seriously! They are the biggest events in the wizarding world! Where you get to see the strongest wizards from the strongest guilds all at once!" she cried. No response. Rosemary looked back at her brother. He was staring down at his ice cream but not eating it. She stopped in place.

"Big Brother?" she asked. He looked up at her. Terror flashed across his eyes before he blinked it away. Her face turned solemn.

"What's wrong, Little Rose?" he wondered. Rosemary looked down.

"Um, I'm sorry," she whimpered. He furrowed his brows.

"For what?" His little sister mumbled out a confession.

"For...you know...running away...and talking trash about Father to you...and reminding you of past horrors..." He smiled.

"Don't worry about it. Do you like your ice cream?" he said. She smiled and nodded.

"I do! Thank you for paying!" she exclaimed. Then in two bites she consumed half of it. The siblings continued their walk again. Although it was nearly noon, April wasn't the warmest month.

"How's Spiky?" she asked.

"Still alive and healthy. He's as long as my arm now. From his nose to the middle of his tail. He bit Nashi nine days ago," he replied with a chuckle.

"Again?!"

"Ha ha. Yep! She was swinging him around and squeezing him. Those aren't natural movements for a Bearded Dragon, so he was just acting on instinct," Reiki said with a smile.

"That makes sense! What about the fish?"

"Oh they're all alive still!"

"All of them??"

"Mhm!"

"Wow. So they've been alive for what four years now?"

"Yep!"

"Neato! Umm, let's see. What else do you have? Umm, oh! The gerbils! Those are Cris' favorites, right?" Rosemary remembered. Her brother nodded as he finished a spoonful.