twenty three

a dark day at hogwarts

          "Harry, we have to go!" Foxfire demanded, as the death eaters fled the scene, and began the destruction of Hogwarts. "Harry, come on!" Foxfire continued to pull at him, before finally following her down the stairs. "Harry, I have to find Draco. I know you are probably so pissed and betrayed by me, but I need you to listen!" She shouted as they ran through the hall. "Draco doesn't want this, okay? This isn't his fault!" She insisted, but he couldn't listen to her anymore, as he just saw one of the greatest men he has ever known, fall to his death.

The two continued to run, looking at the chaos of the castle. The great hall had been turned into a destructive disaster, as death eaters really had no remorse for anything or anyone. It was a heartbreaking sight, as it felt like the magic had been taken from Hogwarts. Foxfire and Harry continued to rush out of Hogwarts, and soon they spotted the death eaters far off in the distance near the woods approaching Hagrid's hut.

"Snape! He trusted you!" Harry shouted in their direction. Draco turned to them, looking at Foxfire, wishing she had just stayed inside and not followed him, because now, she was about to get dragged into it even more. She was so stubborn, but that was one of the things he admired her for. Her willingness to fight for what she believed in and loved. Behind them, Bellatrix set Hagrid's hut ablaze, cheering and shouting in an evil and wicked manner. Harry began to shout spells to Snape, insinuating he fight back, but all Foxfire could do was run after Draco.

"Draco!" She shouted, causing Bellatrix to look back at her quickly, but then she continued on with her path of destructiveness. Draco approached her quickly, with a slight bit of anger as she was being reckless. "Please, don't go. We can protect you!" She begged, quietly.

"I told you to hide!" He yelled in a whisper. "They can't see you with me!" He demanded as Bellatrix now shot a spell at Harry, causing Snape to defend him.

"No! He is for the Dark Lord to have. Not us!" Snape shouted at her, as she ran off. Foxfire turned as she heard Harry use sectumsempra against Snape. But Snape quickly blocked it, causing Harry to crash to the ground. "I will find you, okay?" Draco had told Foxfire, kissing her one last time, before following the others. Foxfire stared after him a few moments, before ultimately deciding to rush back to Harry, as she knew Draco would be safe, and Harry was now her priority.

"You dare using my own spells against me, Potter?" Snape questioned, furiously. Foxfire stopped slowly, as she approached. Harry gazed up at Snape, in utter shock as a mystery he had wondered for so long, was now revealed. "Yes, I'm the half blood prince." He told him, before turning away once more and walking off. Foxfire ran to Harry's side, skidding in the grass beside him, and pulling him to his feet.

"We need to go." She told him in a simple statement. He nodded, as they gave one another a worried look. The two rushed back to the castle in silence, where a large crowd of staff and students stood, gazing upon the lifeless body of Albus Dumbledore. Foxfire felt her heart ache. What has happened tonight, was a terrible loss and a beginning to a new end. But Dumbledore didn't deserve to die, that she would always hold on to.

Harry pushed through as Foxfire quickly noticed Kat, and walked over to her, in total disbelief. Everyone was in shock, gazing upon the lifeless headmaster. The magic had felt as though it died with him, as all of the crowd slowly lifted their wands to the sky, in mourning, causing the giant death eater skull above them to light up, and evaporate into nothing.