ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ: ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ

࿇ ══━━━━✥◈✥━━━━══ ࿇
𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐬

𝙰 𝚃𝙼𝙽𝚃 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟺
𝙵𝚊𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚌
࿇ ══━━━━✥◈✥━━━━══ ࿇
↠𝙱𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝟷/𝟸 ↞

* * * *

New York is the same every single day. Sometimes there will be some things here and there that will excite the public. But most of the time, it's just the same old noisy New York City this girl lives in.

A lot of New Yorkers are brave, bitter, and quite the chatterboxes if they are up for a conversation.

One teenage girl, in particular, walks down the street after school, holding a backpack tight across her spine. She strolled down the sidewalk, scrolling through her social media and laughing at posts her friends made. She listened to her music, singing along and grooving to the best through her earbuds.

The second she was a quarter of the way back home to her apartment, she felt a woosh behind her. Her excitement and music time were disturbed, so she removed an earbud and looks over her shoulder. No one is there. "Hm..."

Her phone rings. The girl answers it. "Hey, Lauren!" She spoke through her earbuds, continuing the walk home after a long day at school. And shopping for her family. "No, I'm just on my way home. My roommate, April, and I are having a movie night. Just the two of us, I believe..."

Woosh.

The girl looks behind her again. "Uh... No, I'm okay." She says to her friend on the call. "It's just a bit sketchy out here. Weirdly around this time of day." She walks again and keeps talking to her friend over the phone. "What? Are you kidding?! That boy, Robby doesn't like me. All he ever does is give the smooth talk and--" A slap across her mouth forces her to stop talking. She yelps and screams for feeling a man grab her entire body, telling her to be quiet or she'll be expecting the worst.

Rosita dropped her phone and earbuds and her backpack has been stripped from her shoulders.

The girl squirms and wiggles, trying to break away from the hold.

"Shut up!" The man shouts, dragging her into an alleyway where more of his comrades waited for him. "Shut her up!"

The girl was scared for her life, terrified to be handled this way. Two more men approach the girl in black suits, some kind of weapon on their backs. One held her shoulders and the other brings out a small object that held a medication to sedate her. He pops the cap off and jabs the needle into the side of her neck. "Just sleep, sweetheart." He chuckled into her ear.

The girl felt the sedative kick in within five seconds. Her eyes grew heavy, her limbs weaken, and her eyes close.

She's been successfully caught.

In the light.