S1 E1: A New Beginning

Robin awoke with a start. He quickly sat up and tried to remember why he was asleep in his office. If he remembered correctly, he was busy working on stuff to prepare for...

"The tournament!" Robin gasped upon remembering. A new Smash tournament was beginning today! He looked at the clock and saw that it was almost ten o'clock. He couldn't sleep in on an important day like this! He quickly got up and looked around the room, but noticed that something was missing, the newcomer invites. They were sitting on his desk the night before, and now they were gone. He sighed in exasperation as he quickly ran towards the door to his office, but then it suddenly slammed open.

"Heyyyy, Robin!" Palutena hollered.

"N-Not now, Lady Palutena! There is so much that I must do today and there is not a lot of time! I still have to send the newcomer invites, and-"

"Hey, relax, Robin. I already took care of all that stuff for you."

"You...You did?"

"Yep, I went and sent all the invites while you were busy taking your much needed nap."

"Well, that is a relief." Robin sighed. "But what about the-"

"Don't worry, all that's taken care of as well. All we gotta do is tell everyone else the news."

"Right. I will call everyone up to the main room."

The rest of the Smashers were all gathered in the main room of the Smash Mansion, anticipating the "special announcement" that was going to happen today. They had no idea what it was, and when they woke up this morning, they noticed that some of them looked...different, most notably Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. Link was now wearing a blue and white tunic, Zelda now had blonde hair and wore a pink and white dress, and Ganondorf was back to how he looked in the Melee tournament.

The Smashers began to chat amongst themselves until they heard Robin speak up.

"May we have everyone's attention, please?" he asked, and then the room went silent. "Thank you. Now, you all may be wondering why you are all gathered here. Well, you see, it is because-"

"A new Super Smash Bros. tournament is beginning today!" Palutena announced, and upon hearing that, everyone else burst into cheers. A new Smash tournament was always exciting, with all the new things that came with them.

Robin waited for the cheering to die down before continuing. "Now, I am certain that most of us know that with every new tournament, there will be some Smash who will have to get cut from the tournament." Everyone started to get fearful, not wanting to get cut. "However, this time we will be making an exception. For this tournament, every single Smasher will be able to participate."

"And we mean everyone, even those that got cut from past tournaments." Palutena added.

Just then, the front door to the mansion opened and in came two familiar eskimo children with wooden mallets.

"Nana, Popo, you're back!" exclaimed the young Smashers, happy to see the Ice Climbers back.

Next up was Young Link, along with Wolf, who now had a purple jacket and an eyepatch.

"Nice to see you again, huh, Star Fox?" Wolf asked Fox and Falco, who only gave him a cold glare.

Following the two came Red the Pokémon trainer, along with his Pokémon Squirtle and Ivysaur, as well as Pichu riding on his shoulder.

"Hey Charizard, we're back." Red greeted. While Charizard was happy to see his trainer again, it meant that he would have to lose his status as an individual fighter. Meanwhile, Pichu ran over to Pikachu and the two siblings got into a tight embrace, happy to see each other again.