S1 E3: Dinner is Swerved

It was dinnertime at the Smash Mansion, and the cooks of the mansion, being Palutena, Peach, Mr. Game and Watch, and Kirby, were busy preparing tonight's dinner, which was vegetable casserole, and it was sitting in the oven while they were in the dining room setting up the tables with plates and silverware.

Just then as they finished setting the tables, the door to the dining room opened and Robin poked his head in. "Excuse me, is dinner almost ready?" he asked.

Palutena nodded. "Yes, Robin. Dinner is almost done."

"Alright, then I suppose I will start calling everyone to the dining hall."

Just as he left, Palutena began to smell something burning from the kitchen. "Wait, what's...oh, no!" She quickly ran over to the oven and pulled out the casserole, only to find that it was completely burnt. "Oh no, the casserole!"

The rest came over and saw what happened. "Oh whoops, I think I set the timer to be longer than it should have." Kirby admitted.

"Well, now what?" asked Game and Watch. "We don't have a dinner now and everyone else is on their way to the dining room."

Right then, the door to the kitchen opened and Robin came back in. "Alright, everyone is seated and ready to eat. I assume the food is ready to be brought out now."

Palutena turned to him and chuckled nervously. "Yeah, about that...I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but...it looks like we'll have to make a new dinner."

Robin's eyes widened in surprise. "Oh."

"But we'll be working on it shortly! Just go out there and tell them that they're going to have to wait just a little longer."

"Well...alright, I will do that." Robin replied as he headed to the dining room, where all of the other Smashers were sitting at their tables ready to eat. 'This is not going to be easy, I can feel it.'

"When's the food coming?"

"Yeah, I'm starving!"

Robin gulped and began to sweat nervously. "Y-Yes, well...it appears that there is a bit of a...delay with dinner, so if you all could just be patient and-" Just as he said that, everyone immediately began to yell in protest.

"WHAT?!"

"You called us here just to have us wait?!"

"E-Everyone, I understand your complaints, but please..." Robin cowered as the other Smashers began to get up from their seats and head towards him. 'Oh, dear.'

Back in the kitchen, the cooks quickly gathered around to formulate a new dinner plan.

"Alright guys, we need to make a new dinner and fast. Everyone's already waiting to eat, and we don't want them to get hungry, do we?" asked Palutena, and the rest gulped and shook their heads. "Then we better get to work. Let's see, what can we make that's fast and can feed seventy-plus people?"

Just then, the kitchen door opened and Robin poked his head in. "A-Are you getting to work on that new dinner?"

"We're getting to it, Robin!" Palutena answered.

"A-Alright, b-but please hurry! I do not know how much longer I can hold them-" Robin yelped as he was pulled back into the dining room by a bunch of hands and the door was shut.

"Should we barricade the door in case they try to break in?" Game and Watch asked.

"Uhh...sure, you can go do that while we figure out what to cook." Palutena said.

"Cool." he replied as he went over to the kitchen door and locked it, as well as nailing several boards to it. "There, that should keep them out for a bit."