| 00 |

A roar of voices rang through the heavy air. The raw malice in each attendee's words burst through the weight of the atmosphere and to the high heavens above them that darkened with more animosity than the hostile mortals gave. Dark clouds swirled in the redden vast empyrean, predicting what horrible deeds were to be done that night. 

     Men and women, children and adults, poor and rich alike dressed in muted cloths that draped over their diverse figures that stood close together. Too close for the illness that doomed their village. But what was happening was much more important than their well being. 

     "Burn it!" A woman cried out, clawing at the group of men manoeuvring through the horde.

     "End the reign of evil!" A man yelled out among the others. 

     There were pleads and demands to destroy the thing the men held. The same very thing that they suspected was causing total destruction to not only them but to everyone. It needed to be completely erased from the world. 

     The group of men everyone surrounded carried the object of hatred through the vicious claws of the people. In their careless holds was a thin body of a woman. Her skin lacked life causing her to appear as if death had taken her very soul. However, not even death would want the soul that attached itself to the vessel. 

     The woman's eyes were closed and no pulling of her unruly hair would awaken her. No spit nor sharp-tongued words could phase her. She looked at peace and no one liked it. They felt disgusted that she could wreak havoc but remain unaffected. 

     "Its soul was successfully ripped from its shell! Contained in the very vase that Plutarch holds! To destroy it we must burn them in the blessed fire separately, yet at the same time as for it not to return to its body nor any other body that may be vulnerable!" Explained the man leading the way, his voice booming even louder than anyone else's. The voice was mature, yet not deep and gravelly. There was a charismatic ting to it, one that convinced anyone.

     He continued, reaching towards the sky of red, "Bestow upon us protection from this wicked spirit! Allow this ritual of erasure to be complete with the success that Earth is no longer stained with its existence! Ensure Arsinoe no longer exists! I beg of you!"

     The crowd began to chant with him, begging their gods and goddesses. All did so without hesitation, without fear. They all held a common goal and being together melted any worry of harm to them. They could imagine their divine beings listening to them, feeling their yearning. 

     They grew louder as the group of men neared the pit filled with ravenous flames. The flames flickered, almost spitting over the edge and upon those who stood to fully bathe in its orange glow. The closer they approached, the crazier the fire reacted. Burning beings danced together as if they were gesturing for them to be given whatever the men were to offer.

     "Hmm?" The woman groaned being carried, opening her eyes. 

     Her mind was hazy but the shouts of the mob urged her to look around. Those nearest snarled, a warm wad of spit landed up her cheek, rolling down onto her dirtied neck. She grimaced as peered to her bosom before tensing. Heat. She felt blistering heat.

     Pain burst from every spot the men held her as she fully awakened. They clamped their hands down, uncaring of the fragility of the woman's bones. Not even her screams of bloody murder caused them the soften their grips. 

     "Let me go! No! No! Please have mercy!" She begged, trying to squirm away from her tragic fate.

     Something in her churned, twisting and reaching. It wanted to get out, to curse those who wished violent death upon her. But she didn't have the energy. She wasn't even supposed to be awake, but she was, thanks to that same feeling of spite. However, despite her ever bold resentment, waking took too much out of her.