| 04 |

Vermillion and burnt orange flooded Love's vision. A warmth surrounded her fragile being. It wasn't a comforting warmth. No, it kept getting more and more uncomfortable by the second. It was increasing, stabbing at her with burning heats.

It was so hot it was as if her body was melting. Her skin felt like it was peeling off from the extreme heat. It was so very painful.

A whimper had exited her as she rose a hand to touch her cheek. Her senses were so confused, she couldn't feel anything but the prickling burn of the heat. Shakily, she held out her hand, now being able to see her appendage and what was happening since it wasn't an all-black abyss surrounding her anymore.

Horror set in upon her discovery of her arm. Her hand, her arm! It was raw and bubbling. Just now did she realize she was falling more. Each second, her arm seemed to get worse. Bubbling flesh, blistering open with serum and blood that evaporated as quickly as it left her. She much preferred that rather than the charred parts of her chipping away to reveal her muscles, turning those a smokey black as well.

Looking down, her clothes were burnt away leaving nothing but her bare, burning body on display. Her mind almost blanked when her ability to feel even the heat diminished completely. Whatever was happening, it had gotten to her nerves.

'No!' She panicked internally, finally understanding what was happening.

'No! No! No! How–How am I burning?!'

The only explanation was a fire. Which meant the hues of oranges and reds were blurred flames. Still, that didn't explain how she got in this situation! First, she was in darkness and blinked only for her to be in a new abyss and free falling. Ever her hair had burnt off!

She reached her hands out as far as they could go to grab onto anything. Anything! Even if she was close to something, she wouldn't be able to grab onto it. Her body was numb. With her sense of touch gone, it was even more useless to try and do anything. Without that precious sense of touch, her body barely moved correctly.

Just as she craned her neck to look around, her back connected with something hard and lumpy. If she could hear through the crackling of the flames, she would've heard the thump and crack her body made. She knew her spine snapped when she could no longer move.

Her eyes stayed open, not that she could shut them with no eyelids, staring at the inevitable change of scenery as her burning eyes went glossy. It all faded to black again. She couldn't even blink as sparkles began to pop up in her vision. They looked like stars and galaxies.

No. They were stars and galaxies. She zeroed in on the familiar spiral and barred spiral galaxies she was taught about in her schooling. They were absolutely breathtaking in person. Swirling around with the life of stars. It's like her eyes weren't just looking at space through human eyes, but seeing the universe through an altered telescope.

Despite her body still in a paralyzed state, she wanted to reach out in an effort to touch the beautiful abstract art of the universe. Her body slowly floated without any direction. Like she was in an ocean being driven by soft waves. Or so she thought. Her body was jerked, causing panic to swell in her mind again.

A chill ran down her back. Her body erupted into shivers. Which was peculiar as she thought her nerves had been burnt away. So why did she feel the iciness of what was space?

Her fingers twitched, her toes followed. At the speed of a snail, she blinked and moved her head. She could move! She had eyelids! Even better, upon looking down, her skin was on her again. No blister nor char in sight!

Her body was back to normal, albeit still nude. The pale body of the girl both blended in and clashed against the dark outer space. It signalled she shouldn't be there...but somehow it was meant to be.