q&a with midnight

hello everyone and welcome to an exclusive q&a with midnight! today i will be asking them different questions to see their answers. let's get into it!

1. what did it feel like to win a daesang when you were rookies?

bora : we were truly shocked. we were surprised we were even nominated in the first place. to win an award like that when you're a rookie is unheard of, so the fact that we did that was insane. we are truly grateful to our stars for supporting us from the beginning and cheering us on.

2. you guys are very diverse in your music and concepts. how do you come up with each of them?

yeona : it kind of just comes naturally. we make a song and already have the vibe and concept picked. we go with what we want to do and what suits us. we like to try different concepts and just have fun with them. we have so many more areas we want to cover so please look forward to that in the future.

3. your song 'want it' in 2019 was a massive success locally and internationally. was there a reason it was all in english and were you expecting this kind of reaction?

hana : when we made the instrumental sample we immediately thought it sounded more western. we thought it would be cool to have a song in all english for our international fans to sing along to. we don't go into songs wanting it to be in all english or anything. we just go with what feels right.

akari : we definitely weren't expecting that kind of reaction. we honestly didn't think people would like it cause it was so different from what we've done in the past. but we are so happy it was loved and accepted and now it's like our favorite song to perform.

3. do you guys have a favorite work you've done?

bora : my favorite is 'fancy you' because i love the concept of it.

akari : there's so many. i would say 'lucky' because we had so much fun making it.

yeona : i think 'the perfect night' since it was the first work we did. it holds a lot of meaning.

hana : i would say i like 'the arrival pt. 2' because i love all of the songs and it fits so perfectly together.

4. you fanbase, 'stars', are known to be a very dedicated and supportive fandom. how has the journey been with them for the past 5 years?

akari : our stars are out motivation for everything we do. we do it all for them. with how much stuff has a happened in the past five years, we are grateful to still have them by our side. we love all stars from the ones that were there from the beginning, who came in the middle, and who are new. we are grateful for the love we receive from them and we couldn't have asked for better people in our lives.

5. you guys are also known for your energetic dancing. is there a favorite dance you have?

bora : my favorite is definitely '7 rings' because i just have so much fun performing it.

akari : i love performing 'fancy' because the dance is so fun to perform and looks really good on stage.

yeona : i really like 'as if it's your last' because we have the most fun doing it and it's such a fun song to dance to.

hana : i also love '7 rings'. it really is such a fun song and dance and every time we perform it, it just gets better.

6. what's a song that's been on repeat recently?

bora : 'pretty please' by dua lipa

akari : 'the lakes' by taylor swift

yeona : 'alright' by kendrick lemar

hana : 'runaway' by aurora

7. last question, you guys have recently released some japanese songs. is there a different process in making those songs or is it predominantly the same?

bora : yes, recently we have released some japanese songs. we never really had the time to prepare a japanese song with our busy schedule in the past years. but around last year, we just kinda thought 'why not' and just decided to make one. we don't really have a different process. we just make the song and write the lyrics, the boom, a japanese song is born.

thank you for answering my questions today ladies! and thank you for reading. hope to see you next time!