Chapter Four

#HAShesComingBack

A/N: Characters and scenarios are only based on the author’s mind. This story is a fanfiction with a hint of reality. If you don’t feel comfortable reading stories like this, you are free to go. Let’s keep this a peaceful and positive space. Enjoy reading, love!

Faye’s Point of View

The sound of screaming crew and heavy metal being carried from the set of the production to the backstage enveloped my dressing room as I take of the mask of makeup that I put on for a show. This is how I live my life is for three years. Not all the time but most of my hours are for my work and my craft only. Theatre has been a passion of mine since I could remember. So, every time I get a role or get to be a producer, I really make the most out of it. This is what I love and I don’t want to fail anyone. Especially my dad. He’s always there eh. He’s always watching me, kahit from afar basta mapanuod niya kung ano ang ginagawa ng unica hija niya. My dad isn’t a typical father na strict and may mga standards but I just really want to make him proud.

“Henry, phone. Please.” I ordered my assistant.

“Here, Ms. Epbi. Anything else po that I can do?” Henry quickly placed my phone in my hand.

“Thank you, Henry. Actually, there’s one more thing that I need you to do. This is really important so pay attention to what I’m going to say. Okay?” I raised my left eyebrow and gave him the stare.

“What is it, Ms. Epbi?” He looked so nervous.

“First of all, stop calling me Ms. Epbi. We’re not strangers, Henry. You can call me Faye or Brianne or whatever you want. Let’s not be formal na, we’ve been working together for three years naman din so you’re free to call me by my name.” I grabbed his hand and made him get closer to me.

“O-kay. I’ll call you Epbi nalang. Is that okay?” He gulped.

“Sure. Uhm, this what I really have to tell you. Theatre season is over. This is our last play for this year so I want you to take this plane ticket and come home to the Philippines and maybe rest for a little while. Have fun with your family.” I made him open his hand gave him the plane ticket.

“Seryoso po ba?” He began to shake.

“Yes, Henry. Go ahead na. Pack your things and get moving, girl! I’ll handle myself.”

“Maraming-maraming salamat, Epbi. Hindi ko inaasahan ‘to.” He hugged me with all the energy he had in him and I reciprocated.

“I’m sure your family is waiting for you…” I patted his back so he’d let go. “The flight details are in your ticket. Tell me when you get there.”

“Noted po. Salamat uli!” He slightly jumped in joy.

“You’re welcome, Henry. I’ll see you next season!” I briefly hugged him.

“Ingat po kayo, Epbi!” Seeing him ran off made my day. Seeing other people happy makes me so happy and I’m glad that I caused that happiness in him.

Since no one was around me anymore, I decided to check my phone. I received a few texts from my girlfriend, Alicia reminding me that I should rest once I got home from work. She knows talaga how workaholic I am and she makes it a habit to try and get me out of my workaholic state. Alicia is my support system even though she’s not always physically present, I can feel her hugging me. And at times, I'd think about her during my performances. She makes me better eh.

After replying to Alicia’s text messages, I went ahead and scrolled through my social media accounts. Everything is pretty normal, online sellers and people buying their products lang. Nothing interesting, except for one…I immediately went through my contacts and called a friend of mine from home, Love.