Chaser

Hinata's POV

Me and professor Hooch made way the the quidditch field. She had already set out a broom, and it looked a little old and tampered, but it didn't bother me. Then she proceeded to teach me how to actually ride the broom.

"Alright, lets get started. Step up the the left side of your broomstick, stick your right hand over the broom and say "up"."

I did as she said, and the broom came flying to my hand immediately. I used an intimidating voice, as I figured it would help a bit. Professor Hooch was somewhat surprised, since im a muggle, but Harry Potter had also pulled the same stunt.

"Alright now i want you to mount it, and grip it tight! We dont want you falling off the end of it."

I mounted the broom and gripped as hard as possible.

"Alright, now kick yourself off the ground, nice and steady, hover for a moment, lean forward slightly and touch down."

I did as she said, and i found it somewhat easy, like the broom likes me.

We continued like that for a few hours, and eventually i could ride around the quidditch stadium, after I conquered my fear of hights. Professor Hooch slapped me on the back.

"Well done Hinata! That was amazing!"

"A-arigato Hooch sensei."

"Sensei?"

"Oh sorry! Japanese, im not quite used to English yet."

"No worries Hinata! You can call me sensei! As long as its not inappropriate."

I blushed and she chuckled

"Im just pulling your leg Hinata."

I pouted and she smiled.

"So what's it like in Japan? I don't know much, i also heard you play a sport called volleyball, whats it like?"

3rd person POV

Hinata lit up at the mention of volleyball. He discussed the ruled and positions, terms and people he met through tournaments. He was very happy to speak about it. Professor Hooch could see the passion glowing through his eyes, and hopped he'd be as passionate about quidditch. After he'd finished Professor Hooch thought to herself. She felt he would make an amazing chaser. It's the closest to what Hinata described as an ace, which he really wanted to be.  She had decided to teach him how to chase.

The week went by, and Hinata was tested on potions and spells to see how informed he was. It turned out Hinata was already up to speed, along with the class, he would have no gaps, which Hinata smiled at. It shocked a lot of teachers, but Hinata didn't study for nothing. He realized how late he was, so he decided to work as hard as he could.

Now the real nerve factor, was being introduced to the whole school, and getting sorted into a house.

463 words