Chapter 1: Doubt part 2

In part 1, Harry was reflecting on the ending events of this past year, (corresponding to Order of the Phoenix) when someone walks in.

He was a 13-year-old boy, blonde hair framing his face aristocratically. His face was round, his nose small and button-like, and his eyes an iridescent violet-blue. He would be a beautiful boy if it weren't for his cold eyes.

They were too cold for a thirteen-year-old.

The boy wears class robes, marking him as a Slytherin. It makes sense to me. Only Slytherin can have eyes so cold.

"Not only Slytherin. Ravenclaw can have cold, distant eyes too. Both Gryffindor and Hufflepuff are known to be warmer souls." He gives me a knowing smirk, "My sister and I are naturals at legillimency. You'll like her, by the way."

I focus on blocking with occlumency. "Who are you?"

The Slytherin boy smiles, shark-like. "Harry Potter. You still aren't very good at occlumency."

"What do you know."

"I'm Benjamin Haiden. I'm willing to help you."

"Help with what?" I observe him cautiously.

"I heard what happened." Benjamin Haiden says. "The Ministry took people from me too. I want revenge. I know I'm not the only one." He pauses. "I know you won't agree. It doesn't matter. You won't buy fake promises, so I'll be honest. I know ways to learn things, and I know people. I have connections. After Voldemort's death, and yes, I'm okay with saying his name, if you want to take down the ministry, for Black's death, then I will help you."

"I don't trust you."

He pauses, cold violet-blue eyes visibly calculating something. "I'm willing to earn it. While you're working to take down Voldemort, I'll help out. Teach you a few things. You won't even have to do anything in return, except let me help, if you choose to take down the ministry."

Benjamin walks past me, heading for the forbidden section. "Hey, wait!" I grab his arm, "Where are you going?"

"To teach you something."

"What?"

Benjamin enters the forbidden section, pulling me along. "Turns out, when you study well, and you get the top of the class marks, teachers are willing to help you learn more, even if it means letting you in the forbidden section."

"But I don't have those high marks. Hermione does."

"I," Benjamin stares right into my eyes, "am willing to teach you. If only you say yes."

A Summer Later

4 Privet Drive

"Boy!" Uncle Vernon snaps, his red face is darker than his auburn hair. "Grab me a beer from the fridge,"

"Yes, Uncle Vernon!" I call back, exasperated. I open the fridge, reaching for his drink just as someone rings the door. I quickly close the refrigerator and give the bottle to Uncle Vernon. "I'm going to check the door."

"Fine, boy!" Uncle Vernon responds. "Go ahead."