05. Sleep All Day, Party All Night

"They see me balling. They wan copy. And I see them but they all wannabes. Number one father" Adekunle Gold

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Remind me why we have to go to this party?" Nea called out as she watched Umi doing her makeup in the open bathroom and Audrey rummaging through her closet. They were all currently getting ready to leave as Audrey tried to force Nea into "proper clothes" after telling her that a sweatshirt and jeans was not "appropriate party clothes".

"Because we're hot, young, and that's what Uni is for." Audrey hummed as she dropped clothes on Nea's bed.

"Yeah Uni definitely isn't for trying getting a degree while paying a ridiculously high fee and keeping yourself from having a breakdown every other week because of said degree." Nea retorted sarcastically. "I miss the days when we were scared little freshers and spent the whole weekend studying, what happened to that? Let's go back to it."

Nea walked into the bathroom kicking out Umi so she could change. She pulled on the black jeans and the brown bodysuit Audrey put out for her. Something Nea would never choose for herself, she wasn't even sure where she gotten it from. One because her closet consisted of mainly black clothing and two, she always thought that brown clothing on her dark skin made it look like she was naked. But upon checking over her outfit in the mirror she was pleasantly surprised to see how the light brown made her chocolate skin pop. And after adding her signature gold Africa necklace and simple gold hoops it tied the outfit together.

"Yes bitch, that ass though." Umi whistled as she entered back into her room. "Canaan is gonna faint when he sees you."

"No she's dressing for herself and you look beautiful." Liyah said crossing the room to

"And even If I were dressing up for a guy it definitely wouldn't be him." Nea added as she pulled on her sneakers. Happy that at least Audrey hadn't made her wear heels.

Once they were all ready they headed out the door and into the chilly London night. Waking towards the closest metro staton.

"Where's baby Tyty tonight?" Ronan asked as they crossed the platform and onto the tube.

"Don't know, don't care. I'm not here to keep track of him." Audrey responded, rolling her eyes. "And anyway I'm hanging out with my girls and Ronan which is a million times better. I have a surprise too." She said sneakily pulling out a mini gold flask from her lace top.

"Yes amazing." Ronan cried, pulling Audrey into a hug to take the flask from her. Mouthing "what the fuck was that," from behind her shoulder. The rest of them still reeling from her hostility in her voice.

"Ooh gimme bitch." Umi grinned, reaching for the small bottle and taking a swig from it, not caring about the other commuters who were silently judging the rowdy group.

They walked into the apartment and were immediately bombarded with music. Colorful lights were going off and a dozen people dancing on the makeshift dance floor in the living room. Although there were people all over the flat Nea couldn't help but admire how nice it looked. It was definitely the house of someone rich and knew what they were doing in life, unfortunately she couldn't relate.

She looked over her shoulder to make sure her friends were still there and much to her surprise Liyah was the only one. She looked around again and saw Ronan and Umi greeting some of their other friends and Audrey at the music corner, passive aggressively offering music requests and trying to shove her phone to the person controlling the music.

Nea pulled Liyah to the far right of the room situating herself onto the couch. She looked around admiring the African masks perched around and the blue and orange painting on the wall providing pops of color for the neutral tone of the rest of the living room.