Chapter Nineteen: Not Yet

A/N:
Photo above of what I imagine the view from Anna's room being. Also this is freaking short and it sucks and I'm sorry. It's a filler. But exciting things are going to happen soon!! It's almost Christmas in the story..... #mistletoe

Stadiumlicious,

Tessa ❤️🎶

<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>

Anna had been crying for a good three hours when her phone started ringing. She saw her sisters name on the screen, so she answered.

"Hey," she said, her voice hoarse.

"Hey, Hunter just called and told me that you're hurt or something. Are you ok? Should I come over?" Kyla's concerned voice asked.

"Umm.... I... Yeah. Yeah actually that would be great if you came over," Anna said.

"I'll be there in a few minutes," Kyla told her.

"Ok. Bye."

"Bye."

When her sister arrived twenty minutes later, only a few words were said.

"Hey."

"Hi."

"What happened?"

"Mason tried to rape me."

"What a prick."

"Yeah, I know."

And then the tears came. And they didn't stop. Not for a long time.

<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>

Hunter couldn't focus. The guys were getting very frustrated, as well as Dann. He couldn't help it thought. He was constantly worrying about her.

What is she doing?

Is she ok?

Does she need a hug?

Would she let me hug her?

I want to hug her.

I want to hug her and never let go.

I want to be hers.

I want her to be mine.

I want to have her forever.

------

Hunter was nervous as he knocked on the door to her apartment. He hadn't asked to come over. He knew she would be home.

"I'm coming!" Anna's voice called out.

She opened the door, and Hunter had to pause before saying anything. He was afraid it would come out, "I love you."

"Hey, what are you doing here?" She asked, looking slightly nervous.

"I came to see you," he admitted, shoving his hands into his pockets and wondering why he felt awkward.

"Oh... Well... How do I look?" She asked, attempting humor.

It didn't really work, considering that she looked as if she hadn't slept in days. Her hair was a mess, which Hunter thought was extremely attractive. Her eyes were bloodshot, with dark circles under them. The bruise on her left eye had gone away considerably, but it was still there.

"You look fine Anna. And that really doesn't matter anyway. I came to see how you are," he told her, wishing she'd let him in instead of making him stand in the doorway like some door to door salesman.

"Oh. I'm ok. You can leave now," she said quickly, attempting to shut the door.

He stuck his foot in just in time to keep it from closing. He pushed the door open and walked in, closing it behind him and leaning against it casually.

"You're not fine Anna. I can see that. So we're gonna watch some Seinfeld and I'm gonna make you coffee like the good friend that I am," he told her.

He noted her shaking hands, and the way she looked down as if she was afraid.

He stepped toward her slowly. "I'm not gonna hurt you Anna. I promise. I'm not gonna hurt you."

"I know. I know. I know that in the like, in the rational part of my mind. But I.... See I thought he wouldn't hurt me. It never even crossed my mind that he'd hurt me. But he did," her voice broke as she held back tears.

"C'mere," Hunter said gently.

I'm going to kill him. I going to murder him. And I am going to make sure it is as painful and horrible as possible for him. I want the last thing he feels to pain.

She looked up at him shyly as he brought her gently into his arms. He felt her arms go around him tentatively, and he loved the feeling of her embrace.

I want to hold you forever Anna. And someday I will. Someday you will be mine. Just not yet.