chapter thirty-one

chapter thirty-one: i'd catch a falling star for you

"Hey, you've been smiley lately" Emily smiles as they stood in the elevator a week later

"Yeah?" Cassie asks with a small laugh.

"Yeah" Emily responds with a laugh and Cassie just shrugs.

"Life's going good, I guess"

"I'm glad" Emily nods with a small nod.

The two enter the floor of the BAU and walk in to find Morgan and Spencer at their desk, JJ walking up the stairs to Hotch's office.

"Good morning, pretty girls" Morgan smiles at them as they set their things down on their desk and Emily sends him a glare, making him laugh.

"Good morning, you two" Cassie sighs happily as she sits down at her desk and Spencer sends her a smile before looking down shyly.

"Do we have a case today?" Cassie asks.

"I'm not sure" Spencer responds.

"Guys, round table room in ten" JJ calls out to them once she walks out of Hotch's office.

"I'm gonna take that as a yes" Emily chuckles.

"Well, I'm gonna get coffee before we have to meet" Spencer says as he stands up.

"Oh, could you make me a cup, too?" Cassie asks, sending him a smile as if to convince him to say yes.

"Yeah" he chuckles.

"Me, too?" Morgan asks.

"Make your own" Spencer childishly responds and Morgan's jaw drops as he walks away, making a Emily and Cassie laugh.

"What's up his ass?" Morgan looks at Cassie.

"You, apparently" she laughs.

Soon, Spencer is back with his and Cassie's coffee and the four of them chatted until it was time to meet with the others in the bullpen.

The case that was briefed was quick but confusing as JJ told them that they will be investigating a series of suicides happening within a town.

Everyone quickly made their way to the elevator but Cassie has to grab a few things and told them she would meet them in the garage.

However, Spencer waited for her, slinging his bag over his shoulder as he stood by her desk.

"You didn't have to wait for me, Spence" she laughs.

"Yeah, I did" he responds, a big smile on his face as she grabbed her things and they began to walk to the elevator.

"How kind of you" she chuckles and he looks down at her with a smile as they reached the elevator, waiting for it to open.