Chapter 3

I sat in one of the chairs looking out the window next to me. Starting City was now out of sight and now I was outside my own saftey net. I was a little scared and felt a little alone. Mr. Stark spent most of his flight with the red head i mentioned earlier. Halfway through the flight the two started yelling. Eventually Mr. Stark came and joined me.

"I'm sorry i'm not a good host."

i looked at him and smiled, "there's something you and I have in common. Mr. Stark, can i ask you a question?" he nodded his head then i continued, "Why me?" he leaned back in his chair and smiled, "100 people enetered. You're the only one who called and actually gave a damn about this scholarship i was offering." i smiled, "thank you. I also want to say sorry about ruining any plans. I know she probably dragged you onto this plane to come here."

Mr. Stark laughed, "that doesnt matter anymore. I am glad I came. So, Ms. Walker, ready to meet the avengers?" i nodded my head, "yes sir." he smiled again, "good. now, do you have a have a dinner dress, or do we need to stop and get one." i said, "red or blue?" he stood up, "go get the red one, were headed to a party after we land, and the good captains going to need a real peach on his arm." i nodded my head then went and got ready."

--- IN LIMO ---

i was the last to crawl into the limo. once we were off tony introduced me to the others. The couple near the front were Agents Romanov and Barton. The man with the yellow rose on his shirt was Dr. Banner. He told me Thor was off world then introduced Captain Rogers sitting dressed in his military dress uniform.

the good captain nodded his head then said, "ma'am." i smiled, "it's a pleasure to me you Captain Rogers." he stayed quiet as we shook hands.

---PARTY---

The good captain stepped out of the car then helped me out. He let me take his arm then we walked into this beautifully decorated convention center. He smiled for the camera's, but said nothing to me. Once we got inside he disappeared, and I was left alone. I didnt want to be a burden to this extravengant event so i grabbed a pate of food and made my way to the back of the room and onto the balcony. It was a warm night, and the city was light up.

--- Later ---

I was about to get up to get another drink when the Captain walked out. "I want to appologize to you." i smiled as i walked up to him, "there were pictures from that bar that got posted on line. I should of known to wear the blue dress."

he said, "no, no, you look gorgeous." i blushed, "i was about to get another drink. Do you want anything?" he shook his head, "no. theres no point." i gave him a questioned look then he continued, "can't get drunk." i smiled then said, "neither can I. I drink so i can fit in," i smiled at him then grabbed my plate and walked back inside.

A moment later I returned to find the good captain looking at a compass. "Captain Rogers?" he placed the compass away then got up and faced me before I continued, "was that her? Was that Agent Carter?" he nodded his head as the two of us sat down. I placed my hand out for him to take. He did and I squeezed it tight, "Captain Rogers, I wish there was something I could say to make this better. I know she was the world to you, captain i had someone like that. i know how your feeling, so please come to me if you need to talk." he squeezed my hand then stood up, "how far do you think it is to the coast?" he leaned over the railing and looked down the street for a moment then looked back at me, "want to come with me?" i nodded my head. he smiled as he placed out his hand. I returned the smile as i took his hand then we left.