T h i r d N i g h t

September 29, 2019

•Flashback•

I was just walking down Jamsil Station Intersection.

Seoul Special Metropolitan City Route 31

from Hyejin and my shared apartment to go to something important when suddenly a body clashed with mine and then a warm liquid splashed into my favorite shirt. Yes, my favorite shirt.

"OH MY GOD, i'm sorry i didn't mean to---" the unknown girl said

"YAHHH YOU JUST STAINED MY FAVORITE SHIRT"

"I'm so sorry i really didn't--"

"Aishhh you should watch your way....ahjumma"

"YAHH I AM NOT OLD ENOUGH TO BE CALLED THAT"

"Ohhh i thought you are old because clearly you can't see your surroundings, granny"

"I TOLD YOU THAT I AM NOT OLD AND I ALREADY SAID SORRY TO YOU" she said

"Tchhh whatever"

"Rude..." she mumbled but enough for me to hear

"What?"

"Nothing...here come with me"

Before I could argue she held my hand and dragged me to God knows where she was taking me.

After a few minutes of her dragging me like a lost puppy, we finally arrived at some kind of...

Café.

"Why are we here..no why am i here?"

"Just wait here for a second."

I just sat at the nearby chair and waited for her as she banished behind the counter.

When she got back she was holding a white cloth in her hands.

"Here, go change"

"What is this?" i asked as she gave it to me

"It's my spare shirt"

I gave her a questioning look.

"And don't worry it's clean, now go change. The bathroom is there"

She pointed it to me and then I went in. After I changed, I got out and went back to our table.

"So?" I ask

"You look....quite good in that's my shirt"

"Well thanks, but i really needed to go"

I was about to leave the café when she held my wrist. I turned back to her and gave her a questioning look.

"Uhmmm could you stay for a couple of minutes...."

"I'm really sorry i needed t---"

"Pleaseee, i just wanna treat you for what I've done earlier"

'Well if I get late I might lose my part time job.....but i could find a new one...'

I looked at her and thought for a while.

'it wouldn't hurt to have a friendly chat with a stranger who ruined my favorite shirt, right?'

"Fine"

"Thank you"

I sat at the chair opposite hers and put down my bag.

"Let's introduce ourselves like we just met, okay?"

"Okay" she smiled

"So hi, I'm Moonbyul. Nice to meet you...."

I offered my hand in front of me.

"Yongsun, but my friends call me Solar"

She took my hand and shook it. At that moment I felt something I couldn't put my mind to but I did feel some tingling sensation.

"Nice to meet you, Yong~"

"And you too, Byul~"

End of Flashback•

"What are you thinking about?" she asks

We are now eating ramen which she craves for and so I bought it earlier on my way here.

"Ohh nothing...just thinking about my schedule tomorrow."

She continues to munch on her food while I just stare at her. She just looks beautiful without even trying. I don't even know how i have fallen for this crazy, loud, optimistic and yet stunning being.

Guess falling in love is really just falling. You never knew you had already fallen for someone until you feel like you are missing something that you don't have.

"There you go again, off to a solo trip to somewhere rather than here." she said as she drinks her water

"Nahhh i'm just thinking why your laugh could destroy my ears"

I tease her so that we can forget about this cruel reality and just laugh and enjoy life for a moment.

"There you go again teasing me"

"My pleasure"

I bow to her like a servant and she laughs. Now that made me proud of myself.

'I made her laugh'

Well I always made her laugh but it's different when you are in this situation. Everything changes in just a second and that's how lifeworks.

It is unpredictable.

"But seriously is wheein and Hyejin coming tomorrow with you?"

"Maybe those little monsters might be busy but don't worry i'll ask them later."

There she goes again, smiling at me like she is not in a heart condition that could possibly end her life.

"They are really loud and chaotic sometimes. Well i could say that they could be a pain in the ass"

"I know"

She looked out of the window and stared at it.

"But you know i really miss their loudness and chaoticness. I miss scolding them for their reckless behaviour."

"I know"

"I miss the old normal, Byul"

"I know"

She then turns toward me and looks at me with sadness evident in her eyes.

"Why does it have to be like this?"

And now tears are flowing down her cheeks. I sit beside her in her bed and hug her. My hands caressed her back, in an attempt to ease her sobs.

"I know.....but life is unfair, Yong"

I pulled away from her, both hands on her shoulders, eyes staring at her own.

"Why does it have to be like this?" she asks, sobs in between words

"I know"

She snuggles back onto my chest.

"I'm scared"

"You don't need to be....i'm here"

"But i'm gonna leave---"

"No you are not...trust me you are not going anywhere"

She didn't reply and just hugs me tighter if that is possible.

'I'm gonna make sure of that....but right now let me enjoy our remaining time'