Glimpse of a Nightmare

Surabi

I don't know why but i couldn't meet his gaze with mine. I tried to avoid his stare at me as much as possible but seems, it's not happening. There is an awkward silence between all four of us after i corrected him. 

Avanti widen her eyes looking at me and giving some signs nodding her head as no but i moved my gaze away from her.  And before she says something i said, "I have to leave Avanti, it's already late "

"What? No way? You have to stay little more. Subi, we didn't even cut the cake yet. Please don't go" she literally begged me to stay and it was very hard for me to refuse her.

Before i think otherwise, she pulled me inside the house to be with her. That's when i felt i could let out my breathe normally. I don't know why but i feel some sort of tension aroused in me when i stand with that person.

I dried Kushi's hair and dressed up her in another dress which Avanti gave me. I made her ready before we go down for the cake cutting. Soon everyone gathered there and Vihaan looks ecstatic seeing the cake and everyone wished him for his birthday and he was surrounded by the best and cute gifts for his birthday.

Avanti always make sure that i should not leave until she said so and took me along with her to help her in settling the guests for dinner. All the while i could sense someone's stare piercing me wherever i go.

I ignored the gaze on me and keep helping Avanti just to keep myself busy to avoid any random thoughts. When i was ready to leave Avanti again stopped me but this time i decided not to hear her anymore since it is already late.

"Ok Mama, I'm not going to stop you anymore but just answer for my question" she raised her hands in the air when i sent an angry glare at her.

"What you want to know?" i sighed asking her.

"Are you ignoring Mr.Parthiban?" she asked me the question which i didn't expect it from her all of a sudden.

And before i answer her, she blurted out, "Please don't say that you are not. It's clearly visible that you don't want to meet him. He is not a bad person Subi, he was the one who saved Kushi and he was the one i was dying to introduce you and you knew me that I'll not make you meet any wrong person." I know about whom she is asking and i could never erase the moment when i met his gaze, it's so weird.

I never felt like this anytime before in all these twenty six years of my life. But why now and why with him? I almost forgot about Avanti who is staring at me suspiciously and of course waiting for my answer.

"I'm not ignoring anyone Avanti" i said simply.

"Are you sure?" she asked me once again and i just nodded my head as Yes.

"Then i want you to work for him in his new project" she didn't ask me but just telling me to do.

I cannot say No to Avanti at all, since she is the only reason I'm now like this and i always grateful for her for showing me a new path in my life. I decided not to mix my personal feelings with my profession. I have to be more strong enough to handle these kind of situations in my life and need to make sure that nothing should impact my job at all.

"Fine, i will work for him. Let's meet" i smiled at her seeing her wide grin.

I said ok to meet him but some sort of tension still aroused in me when we both nearing him who is already in discussion with Avanti's husband Vinay.

Avanti adjusted her throat to get their attention and both of them turned their sight towards us. I smiled at Vinay who in turn return me his genuine smile but i couldn't turn my gaze to the another man who is already looking at me.