chapter-7

Aaliyah's POV
   You ever get the feeling that suddenly the days you want to go slowly are going even faster then you can ever notice that's what is happening. from last 2 weeks I'm always waking up with commotion in my apartment thankgod my alarm clock is on rest mode ajmal's family would be here by 7 every morning for wedding preparations and days were passing by like a blur and I realized tomorrow is my wedding and today its haldi & mehendi ceremony( where they apply turmeric & heena to the bride).

    I was out the whole afternoon with my sister to go for shopping as the only responsibility I took was getting my dresses. I didn't wanted to end up being all glittered up at my wedding the wedding preparations were almost done just I had to pick up my jewelry from the shop.

 I didn't wanted to end up being all glittered up at my wedding the wedding preparations were almost done just I had to pick up my jewelry from the shop

Haldi decoration

as I step foot inside my home I couldn't believe my eyes they surely did a great job there was a tent in the hall with a sofa it was looking so good I almost felt how i would've been so happy if this was a love marriage instead of a contract one nonetheless I plastered my infamous grin and walked in only to be rushed inside my room to get ready.

Aaliyah haldi outfit

    I was soon done with myself and realized that house was already full with guests I barely knew any of them some girls took me towards the tent and sat me in and the ceremony began.

     soon I was looking like a mango some stupid lady decided to have a haldi fight which caused me to have a haldi shower and I'd be lying if I said I'm not irritated I don't see the point why mother had to call this many people

      I excused myself and washed off the haldi and came back for the 2 torturous hour as they were done with my heena and the front door opened catching all the eyes and I heard the girls gasps and mans curses and that's when the familiar scent hit me HE WAS HERE.

    He came and sat next to me and I was wondering wasn't that bad luck to see the bride before the wedding? And as if hearing my thoughts he whispered that's its tradition that grooms finds his name in the heena. I didn't had a single idea how he'll be able to see his name in this designs but to my utter disbelieve he found it within five minutes. Those morons made heart around his name I was looking for devil's horn cause that goes well ughh.

    soon the ceremony came to an end and I was exhausted beyond words. what I had shopping spree and then that haldi then sit in one place for 2 hour for that heena.

    Next day it looked my house just suffered from a tornado everyone was shouting and running around like headless chickens and my mom was yelling me cause I'm bride and I'm suppose to be awake and ready and i thought my wedding will take place in evening and realized they freaking arranged the nikah in the morning fucking 10 o'clock

    I was walked in the garden by my sister and mother where there was a curtain or more like net was draped in between us he was sitting on the other side in his sherwani( man's wear on the wedding occasion) he looked so ravishing and yummy I couldn't help but think how soft his hair will feel in between my fingers and I felt someone nudging me in my rips as I faced the owner of the hands I was face to face with my sister's amused smirk and I realized I just embarrassed the hell out of me.

     Soon qaazi sahab (priest) asked me if I agree for the marriage with 10,000 dollars as meher (amount to be paid to bride if a divorce happens) and i took the dramatic pause and looked around to see confused and excited eyes and my eyes instantly locked with his to see admiration and satisfaction as in he's sure I'm gonna say yes and damn he was right as I exclaimed 'qabool hai' and soon everyone roared with excitement and congratulated us and that's when the curtains dropped and i saw his face clearly he surely cleaned himself very well and he smiled to me 'HE FREAKING SMILED' I was on cloud nine and soon broke in wide grin showing him my perfect set of teeth.

    As some tradition we were suppose to sit side by side and look at our reflection in the mirror which was deep inside the water and  I removed the veil a little to see his reflection as soon as our eyes locked he winked at me and the mischievous spirit in me blowed a kiss to him and soon I met his wide eyes with amused grin. Everyone departed their ways and it was already 4 we were suppose to attend the reception at 8 that means no beauty sleep. It was already 5 when we reached home and I changed in my normal clothes only to see my mom rushing us around to get our shit together and go to parlor to get ready.