i got you stuck in my teeth

written by farozaan on ao3

~~~

Hinata definitely mentioned it before.

On the side, and back then it had registered in Atsumu's mind, but they had been at practice, and Atsumu's brain compartmentalized his thoughts into 'relevant for games' and 'not relevant for games' during practice. So the information "Oh, I know how to dance because I worked part-time at a dance bar in Rio and the girls taught me," was registered by Atsumu, but sorted into the 'not relevant for games' folder.

Oh what a grave mistake that had been.

Because now they're here, at this 'Latin themed bar' whose owner was apparently a sponsor of the venue they played and won at today, and they had been having a good time for a while now, but then Bokuto says, "Hinata, time to show us your moves!"

That sentence is also definitely registered by Atsumu. Bokuto is too loud to overhear, even in a dance bar. And that's when that little piece of information suddenly resurfaces again and it's suddenly now so relevant to Atsumu's life.

Hinata Shouyou can dance. Hinata Shouyou knows how to dance latin dances. Truthfully, Atsumu doesn't really know what those look like. He doesn't know anything about dance, but he still knows that Hinata dancing will do things to him.

Hinata just grins, throwing back the bottle of beer in his hand and emptying it in one go to the cheers of his team. Atsumu is not making a single peep, his hands are sweaty, and he thinks he's having the early signs of a stroke. Is this how Sakusa feels whenever he's outside anywhere?

Atsumu looks over to him, and Sakusa is seated at the very side, closest to the exit, looking as stressed and uncomfortable being here, as Atsumu does. He's never felt closer to his teammate.

Hinata is out of his chair and confidently approaching the dance floor which already has several people moving to the beat that's thrumming through the room, and now Atsumu realizes that you usually needed a partner to dance.

Shouyou doesn't have one. He's alone. Maybe this is what will save Atsumu tonight, maybe this is going to be his saving grace.

Or that's what he thought for five whole seconds before Hinata suddenly has a cute girl nodding along and taking his hand. What the fuck?

Thomas gasps next to him. "How did he do that? Where did she come from?"

None of them know the answer to that, but it doesn't matter because in the next moment a new and slower song starts to play and that's when everything goes downhill.

The song is clearly screaming 'I'm sexy and sensual!!' and suddenly, Hinata pulls the girl closer to him in a perfect dancer's position while lowering his hips and slotting her leg between his. Oh no.

They start to move right away and Atsumu thinks he blacks out the second Hinata starts to rotate his hips towards the girl and she moves in perfect unison with him. He can hear his teammates absolutely losing it around him, he can hear the music, the chatter, even the crowd around Hinata, and the other partygoers also notice them and form a circle.

Everyone's eyes are on them, as they should, because Hinata must have found the most talented dancer in this whole establishment to put on this show in front of all of them. Hinata expertly twirls her around, makes her lean back over his arm, and pulls her back up until their faces are almost pressed together. Should Atsumu be jealous? That's his boyfriend, right?

Usually he would be, if not for the fact that Hinata hasn't taken his eyes off Atsumu even once. The entire time he's dancing, his eyes are burning into Atsumu and he's telling him, no, demanding of him to not look away. Don't you dare look away.
Even if Atsumu wanted to, he couldn't. Just like on court, Hinata has this overwhelming presence that had everyone turn their heads and focus solely on him. He was outshining everyone around him, with every turn of his hip, every light step that goes back and forth, and it was mesmerizing to see the way he was leading the girl in his arms.