Treasure

Warning: violence, murder

He had to find them.

He needed to find those documents.

Where he would find them, he was not sure of that yet, but he had to get a head start.

He doubted they were placed at the company, given the nature of their importance.

He had once tried to look for them in the house, but that woman, Lorraine, had ruined his attempt.

He thought about it; he probably had to try again to make sure the documents were not indeed in the house so that he could consider his next options.

Lorraine had mentioned that one of the two brats was sick; he did not really care about that matter, but it was certainly an opportunity for him, given that she was not going to be home the next day and she had wanted to call over the babysitter as she was asked to teach at the dance academy or whatever.

It was the perfect opportunity.

That night, Sungjae had been on his best behaviour; he played with the kids and even acted lovely towards his wife. He helped her with the cooking and did the dishes.

He could tell Lorraine was mildly surprised and even concerned to some degree.

He mentally snorted.

She should have been grateful that he even went through the hassle of acting decently towards her.

It was for a purpose, and for that purpose only, he needed to get the house to himself for a day.

It was the only way for him to confirm his suspicions and the location of the damn file.

With only a year to spare, he had to start getting things ready. It was obvious that Zhi Ruo and the rest of the clan were growing impatient; he understood, and he also wanted to repay all they did for him.

He and Lorraine were lying in bed when he brought up the subject.

"Don't call the babysitter tomorrow. I will stay home with Louis," he said, startling her.

"Oh.... Are you sure? I am sure she will be able to make it tomorrow, but she also has a high temperature. I was thinking maybe I should take him with me so I can monitor him. If he gets worse, I can come back early."

No, absolutely no. He was not sure how long it would take him to go through the house, so he could not afford her coming home early.

"It's ok," he said, attempting an act of comfort as he awkwardly patted her bonnet (lol, who does that?).

"I already informed Caleb I would not be coming in; besides, our little man is growing up. I think it's time I spend more time with him," he said.

Lorraine had seemed to grow emotional at his little statement.

Sungjae had to force himself not to gag aloud at the little looks that she was giving him.

'The fuck?' Had he really been acting so differently towards her that she was acting so touched all of a sudden?' He thought to himself

It did not matter; what mattered right now was that he now had the whole house to himself, which was perfect.

Even though he had gone through the pain of having to have this woman draped on him all night and repress the urge to shove her off, it was ok; he'd have enough time to search for the information he needed.