side characters 2/?

Kind

Kind

Earth

Sex

Male

Eyes

Moderate sap green

Mane

Brilliant yellow

Coat

Brilliant amaranth

Mark is a male Earth pony, the older brother of jisung and huening Kai, Sugar Belle's husband, and a member of the Apple family. He makes his debut in the first episode, during which he idly walks in Ponyville the moment Chan Sparkle first arrives.

Later, jisung introduces him during the Apple family reunion, although he has no speaking roles until the fourth episode, Applebuck Season.

He is soft-spoken and laconic, and often replies with a simple "eeyup" or "nnope."

Personality

Mark has a rather calm and easy-going demeanor in contrast with that of his brother, jisung. He is a pony of few words and, like the rest of his family, he speaks with a Missouri Ozarks-like accent.

He tends to answer questions or reaffirm things with a taciturn "eeeyup" or "nnope".

He is hard to agitate, although he scolds the Cutie Mark Crusaders for publishing harmful gossip about jisung and him in Ponyville Confidential, is quick to agree with Cheerilee's disciplining the scheming Crusaders in Hearts and Hooves Day, and becomes annoyed with jisung's constant questions in seungmins Apple Pie.

He has a practical sort of wisdom; for example, he advises jisung against single-handedly harvesting all the apples in Applebuck Season.

Mark has a close bond with his brothers and cherishes his relationships with them.

In The Last Roundup, he tears up when he learns that jisung has decided not to return to Ponyville.

In Brotherhooves Social, he goes to great lengths to win huening Kai a blue ribbon at the brootherhooves Social, and it is stated that the two were considerably close when they were younger.

In the same episode, he is shown to harbor feelings of inferiority and neglect whenever huening Kai praises jisung for his heroics, and becomes envious when huening Kai begins spending more time with him for this reason.

In Crusaders of the Lost Mark, he sheds tears of joy and pride after huening Kai earns his cutie mark.

He is humorously involved in the "want it, need it" spell fiasco in Lesson Zero, becoming infatuated with and refusing to relinquish Twilight's enchanted raggedy Smarty Pants doll.

Many other Ponyville citizens also fall prey to the spell and dog-pile mark, but he throws them off in a cartoonish explosion. Once the spell is lifted from the doll, he still runs off with it.

The episode Ponyville Confidential references his affection for the doll; one edition of the newspaper titled "mark: What's he hiding?" features a photo of him playing with the doll by himself.

Though he typically speaks few words as mentioned above, mark demonstrates an articulate vocabulary while in disguise in Brotherhooves Social, speaking far more eloquently than normal.

He is also portrayed as very talkative and snarky as a teenage colt in Where the Apple Lies, though not a very good listener. By the end of the episode, he learns to "talk less and listen more".

Skills

Farming

Mark is an exceptional farm worker due to his strength and physical stamina. He and jisung perform all the heavy-duty work on the farm because Granny Smith and huening Kai are too old and young, respectively.

Farm work entails bucking apple trees, moving hay bales, plowing through soil, pulling loaded wagons, and making their famous apple cider.

Repair

Mark is asked by huening Kai in Hearts and Hooves Day to come and fix a gazebo, in an attempt to arrange a romantic picnic between him and Cheerilee; he arrives carrying a toolbox, but doesn't get a chance to work on the gazebo since there's nothing wrong with it.

Mark assists seungmin in fixing the bridge in It's About Time as they work together to tighten the nuts along the bridge supports.

He also reinstalls the side panel of the dessert car on the train to Canterlot in MMMystery on the Friendship Express, as the side panel needed to be removed in order to get the Marzipan Mascarpone Meringue Madness cake on board the train. In Hard to Say Anything, mark makes a larger display case for Sugar Belle.

Strength

Mark displays unusual physical strength in Hearts and Hooves Day when he drags two oxen and a cart of anvils and then a house, all without much signs of exertion, with the intent of seeing his magic-poison-induced sweetheart, Cheerilee.

His stamina is also pushed to its limit when he spends an entire hour running non-stop on a treadmill to power the Apple Family's cider press in The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000.

Mark apparently applebucks with only one hoof in Hearts and Hooves Day, however, he does not manage to remove every apple from the tree; whereas jisung makes every apple fall off in a single, two-hooved buck.

Singing

Mark has a deep bass singing voice, which is first heard when singing Apples to the Core.

He is also the bass singer for the Pony Tones.