> 𝗿(𝗘)𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁

(𝗘)

☯︎︎ }---

☯︎︎ }---

"Jiji! You get the newbie today!" Suhwan yelled at the girl.

The girl didn't look away from the bulletin board, "Whatever, sure. But you owe me!"

She felt a presence behind her, but she ignored it, reaching for a chocolate bar. She continued to read the various ads.

"Uh, hi?"

Glancing over to the voice, she threw her head up. "You again?!"

After their fight yesterday, Minji was sure she would've scared him off. But, apparently he didn't seem one bit fazed to be in her presence.

"Who were you expecting?" Heeseung asked as he pulled off his baseball cap.

"Well, there was this girl here a couple days ago, she gave off this weird vibe. But Lin set her in her place." She said turning to the woman.

They were silent for a few minutes, caught up in their own thoughts.

"I want you to teach me to fight."

Heeseung was taken aback when she started to walk away without a word. Relief washed over him when she returned, but it was replaced with unease when he saw what was in her hands.

"Pink?" He held up the hand-wraps to emphasize his point. Don't get him wrong, Heeseung does like pink-but seeing Minji with black ones herself, made him a bit embarrassed.

She gave him an unbothered expression, "You are a newbie! Low ranks get pink, and it changes as you go up, then the top ten can get whatever they want-though they never get pink."

"So I'm last place right now?-" she nodded, "Then what rank are you?"

"I'm third. Boss is first-no one dares to fight him. And Suhwan-" she rolled her eyes-"is second, only because Boss feels like he has some sort of debt towards him-which he doesn't."

"Then Lin is fifth, but K might take her spo-Do you need help with that?" She watched him fumble with the wrapping.

After she helped him wrap his hands, she continued his training without speaking.

He did well, following her example. Herself only getting frustrated with the way he held his hands while throwing a punch. He'll sprain his thumb for sure, if he keeps that up.

They cooled off with a drink of water as they watched two men fight.

Minji saw one of the men's nails scratch the other's forearm, Ah, that'll leave a scar.

She turned her head to the boy beside her, "I never asked: why did you want to learn to fight?"

He looked at the clock, "I have to go! Sorry, I guess I'll see you tomorrow!"

A curt nod was sent in his direction as he rushed out. You didn't answer my question.

---{ ☯︎︎

449 words.

note.
i-land's slowly coming to an end :(