Chapter One

It was September when things started going downhill.  As soon as David lay his eyes on her, he knew stuff was gonna change around here, for better or for worse. She was like a succubus, constantly taking him away, making them drift further apart than David liked. 

        He lay in his bed, scrolling through TikTok when he received a call from the she-devil herself. Katherine. He fake gagged and then answered the call, pressing speaker and flopping his phone down onto his chest. 

"Davey! Like, oh my god something amazing happened!"

He rolled his eyes. She called him at least once a week saying the exact same thing, and it was never something important or extraordinary. At least not in his eyes. He faked being surpised.

"What happened?!" He gasped, rolling his eyes at the sound of his own voice. 

"Jack and I messaged nonstop ALL night! It was like, sooo dreamy." He hated this. He hated having to support this girl. Support this girl and her crush. HIS crush. "Oh really? That's great! How did it go?" He forced a smile. At least it wasn't face time this time, that would've been absolute hell. She started blabbering about how 'interested' he was in her current passions and hobbies, though i knew shopping and writing were not his top choices. That was the funny part, she was completely clueless, at least he was ahead on that. 

"....Davey?" He snapped back into reality, quickly responding with a "Sorry, i spaced out a bit." He could hear her smile through the phone. "I said, should i go for it? Ask him out?" David froze. This decision would change everything. He hesitantly said-

"Not yet. You gotta reel him in a bit more, don't rush it Kathy." She agreed with him, before ending the call after saying she had homework to do. The call ended as the tears left his eyes and fell down his pale cheeks. "What the hell am I going to do?"

Author Note; Hi guys!!! I know this chapter is really short, but i just wanted to kinda set the scene and get some stuff going! Chapter 2 will be longer and will be published soon! I hope you guys like it :)))