Chapter 1

I hear you

Tumbling fast

Here and now, you're afraid

Don't be scared

Don't be scared

Cause I hear you

Loud as a bomb

Wanting a shoulder to cry on, I hear you

Tumbling fast

Here and now, you're afraid

Don't you worry

I'll teach you to fly before you fall

I sang in my restroom while taking a shower, I hate going to school but the only reason why I go is because I know my dad would want me to.

My name is Angel, I am 17 years old and I'm from Compton but I live in Atlanta with my mother. My dad got murder 3 years ago and I was lost ever since.

I'm not myself, I'm not happy, I'm stressed, depressed, hurt in the inside but I don't show or tell nobody on the outside. Everyone think I'm perfect but I'm not, I'm just like the same person you see on the street.

I turned the shower off and hopped out, I went into my bedroom to put on my black crew neck polo shirt with my light blue jeans and my Bred 11s.

When I was done putting on my shoes I went back to flat iron my hair and put on light makeup and my nude lipstick from Mac.

It was time for me to go so I ran in my room to grab my bag and phone and I left the house

*****

" Heey Angel" some boy said looking at me up and down "Hi". I'm used to boys always looking at me and saying I'm pretty and it doesn't effect me like they want me to, they just saying that so they can try to have sex with me.

I'm glad that I'm still a virgin because I wanna lose it to one that I love and they feel the same way too and some one that cares about me and understand my struggle and pain. Not to a nigga that fuck and leave.

I went inside my first period class and sat by this girl name Jakiya that I'm real cool with " Heey girl" she waved at me " Heey boo".

"So you going to Deshaun party tomorrow night" she asked " Uhh probably" " Well if you do, I can come and pick you up and we both can get ready together" Jakiya said.

" Yeah that will be ight but if I do decide to go I will hit you up" I said "Ok".

***

When I was walking to lunch I passed these group of girls that be messing with people but they got me fucked up if they try to play with me, I'm nice and all but I won't let nobody think they running me or take advantage of my kindness.

I sat down by myself because I didn't feel like being bothered and I was on my phone listening to music until I felt somebody tap on my shoulder. " Do you need something" I said taking one of my ear plugs out " You sitting in my seat" she shouted.

I was confused like why you yelling "Why you yelling" I chuckled "Because hoe you in my fucking seat" she yelled getting in my face. My daddy always told me

"If a girl approaches you or get in your face go head and throw the first punch because that's what they want and that it's going to lead to a fight either way it goes"

I got up and put my phone in my pocket " Please get out my face I'm just warning you" I said as nicely as I could because I was 5 seconds from fucking this bitch up " What you gone do if I don't" she said getting closer.