Chapter Two

The tension in the air was suffocating as the three most trusted Proxies made their way through Rosswood Park, the youngest carrying an unconscious (H/C) girl. Neither Masky nor Hoodie said anything, which pissed Toby off more, but he knew he’d have to wait to say anything until they got to the abandoned hospital they called ‘home.’

As the minutes, and Toby, ticked on, the only noise that would be considered a warning were footsteps off into the distance. If it were another serial killer or some curious idiot walking around, hoping to spot the Slender Man, the three can easily take him or her on, but if it were a wild animal, the girl would easily become the one-way ticket to survival. Of course, that would mean the girl will become the animal’s next meal while the boys took off.

No big loss.

However, instead of getting rid of the girl like Toby had hoped, the trio found themselves in front of the hospital with no incident. Gritting his teeth, Toby marched in and headed for one of the three stairways that led up to the second and third floors, and eventually, the roof. Sensing something’s off with their junior, Masky and Hoodie share a glance before stalking after the twitching killer. Said killer immediately notices he’s being followed, but ignores them, allowing his anger to grow. After all, if they were to break into a fight, he isn’t the one who would be feeling any pain.

“Uh, Toby? Not that I give a shit or anything, but are you alright?” Toby comes to a stop, his chocolate eyes glaring at the wall across the room from him. He almost didn’t notice he had walked into a room, too angry to register most of his surroundings. Hoodie coughed harshly, wiping a drop of blood from his mouth before trying to speak again. “Toby?”

The girl’s body landed on the debris-covered floor with a sickening thud, the youngest Proxy twitching more violently than usual. He rips off his goggles and mouthguard, slowly turning to face his coworkers, his lips formed in a deep frown and his eyes dark.

“Y-you shot he-he-her,” Toby hissed, just now noticing what made him so angry, but not quite understanding why. Hoodie glances at his partner before returning his gaze to Toby.

“Who, me?” Hoodie asked, leaning back slightly in defense.

”YES, YOU!” Toby explodes, yanking his hatchets out of their sheathes. Masky instantly grabs his lead pipe as Hoodie pulls out his gun and cocks it, keeping his aim to Toby’s feet. The tension grows as the silence deafens the room.

“I didn’t shoot her,” Hoodie rumbles, his hidden forest green eyes narrowed at his possible attacker.

“R-Right, and m-my hair i-is-isn’t brown-n,” Toby retorts, sarcasm heavily lacing his voice. He tightens his hold on his hatchets, mentally preparing himself for the fight that was almost completely certain to break out. Of course, this wouldn’t be the first time they had fought each other, and it sure as hell wouldn’t be their last.

“He didn’t shoot the bitch,” Masky says, tightening his own grip. Toby shifts his gaze to the eldest in the room, frowning even more. “I was right there. He didn’t have his gun out.” Hoodie nods in agreement.

“You can check my fucking gun and see if any bullets are missing. You would’ve seen me reload if I had shot her,” he points out, slowly pulling the gun up. Toby tenses and starts to lunge forward, but holds himself back as he watches the other open the chamber and show six bullets, none of which have been spent. “See? No shots have been fired from my gun. Now calm the fuck down and tie the cunt up. The Operator’s probably on his way, and he wants a report.” Hoodie closes the chamber and pockets his gun, turning and walking out of the room. Masky and Toby stare at each other, listening as Hoodie’s footsteps fade away.